Waiting for Dr. Office to schedule appointment

Dani B.
on 10/29/03 4:47 am - WA
I was just curious with those of you that have Dr. Oh do you usually have to wait so long to get an appointment. I was approved on October 21st. I understand they only schedule on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I have called on those days to see when I will be scehduled, and I get that they havent scheduled becasue the hospital is to busy. I dont get that! There has been 3 chances to schedule now since I was approved and yet nothing. Those who are using Dr. Oh know that he is already scheduling into February and the longer it takes to get scheduled the further out the date will become. I am getting frustrated.
Carla A.
on 10/29/03 9:03 am - Burlington, WA
Hi Dani.. I got my date after getting the results from my EGD. You might call the office, it did take them a few days to get my date scheduled with the hospital. They were very patient with me the few times I called inquiring on my date. Hope you get it soon.. I know that frustrated feeling of waiting...... ~~ Carla
Carol K.
on 10/29/03 12:07 pm - Lynnwood, WA
Dani; I am scheduled for surgery in January. I got my date by mail after they received written approval by my insurance company. At first I was really upset to wait 4 months for surgery. But there seems to be so many loose ends I need to take care of prior to that time (not to mention the holidays), that I think the time will pass quickly. I'm now doing my pre-surgery testing. I'm finished with all but the psych eval and the appointment with the internist. Be sure to ask to be put on the cancellation list. Quite often you can move up on the list by doing so, if you are able. It will happen, Carol
(deactivated member)
on 11/2/03 12:10 pm - Olympia, WA
Hi there, Dr. Oh is a very popular doctor so his schedule is pretty booked. BUT, he's well worth the wait. Keep after the office staff to get you your appointment. I called every other day. I tend to be a squeeky wheel though If Autumn can't help you, keep asking to speak to Sherry. Good luck to you
Most Active