I got the approval from my Insurance

Dani B.
on 10/27/03 2:45 am - WA
I am excited......My insurance company gave me the approval. They got my paperwork from my doctor on Friday Oct 17th and I was approved October 21st, that was fast I was expecting weels of agonizing trouble and fighting with them. I guess they looked at my chart and seen that yep she is a real chubby gal and she definately needs it and that was it. If it was really only that easy. But what a relief. Now I am waiting to here from Dr. Oh to see what my surgery date is. I have already made the appointments for the tests required after we are approved so I am still trying to get ahead of the game as much as possible. Good luck to everyone that is still in waiting.
rashell M.
on 10/27/03 6:12 am - Palisades, Wa
That is great news for you. Good luck with all your tests and your surgery.
(deactivated member)
on 10/27/03 7:34 am - Olympia, WA
WOOOOHOOOOO, Great news
Carla A.
on 10/27/03 9:24 am - Burlington, WA
Dani.. Congratulations!! Welcome to the band wagon.. You should get your date any day now. I got mine within days of approval for Dr Oh. I just finished my final appt today which was with the internist. Now its just sit and wait.. my surgery is Dec 9th. Good luck on your journey!! ~~Carla
Vickie D.
on 10/27/03 5:30 pm - Kent, WA
WOOHOO!!!!! WTG Dani!!! Vickie
Maria B.
on 11/4/03 4:39 am - Woodinville, WA
Good for you. May I ask the name of your insurance company? I just received my denial letter from United Health Care. There is an exclusion in my policy for this type of surgary. I of course am appealing their decision.
Dani B.
on 11/4/03 5:14 am - WA
I have Great West , One Health Plan, PPO and they were great. Approved me fast. Now its the waiting game. They say it has to be medically necessary, as it is for most of us.
Most Active