Looking for a support group on the Eastside.

Joan R.
on 10/18/03 12:16 pm - Monroe, Wa
Hi guys, I'm looking for a support group somewhere on the Eastside. I had Open RNY on 7/29/03 and would love to meet up with others. I had surgery in Renton at the Wish Center. They have a support group in the evenings but it is a long way to drive. I live in Monroe and work in Duvall. Thanks, Joan
Amber B.
on 11/7/03 1:28 am
Hi Joan What is the Wish Center? Do they help people with out insurance? My husband is obese and we are self employed and do not have insurance. I wondered if there was anywhere that has like a sliding scale fee or a payment program etc. Are you happy with your surgery? Hope to hear from you. Thanks Amber
Joan R.
on 11/7/03 8:42 am - Monroe, Wa
Hi Amber, The Wish Center works out of Valley General Hospital in Renton. They will finance the surgery. I had to pay out of pocket but they were new to the area and they had a special going on, I'm not sure what they charge now. They have been wonderful. The hospital has their own bariatric wing and you get a private room, The wing is brand new. They specialize only in lap or open RNY as far as I know and have an extensive program along with a nutritionist and others. Wish Center has been around a long time but in other parts of the US. The doctors all have performed many surgerys so they are very experianced, geez, I sound like a commercial. One other thing is there is a Dr. Simonovitz in Bellevue who does this surgery and when I called to check on prices he charged about $14,000, I believe, I hear he is very good. Good luck and if I can help you further, let me know, Joan
Most Active