Jumping through the hoops!

Carol K.
on 10/15/03 1:30 pm - Lynnwood, WA
Hi all! I am now undergoing my pre-surgery testing for open RNY with Dr. Oh. My surgery date is not until January 6th, but I am hoping that a cancelation might bring me up the list a notch or two. I would be closer to having surgery except I had a pesky stomach ulcer that needed to heal first. But now that it is pretty much gone, I'm back in the race! Take care! Carol
Carla A.
on 10/16/03 12:26 pm - Burlington, WA
Carole..Congratulations on getting a surgery date!! Jan 6 does sound so far away doesn't it? I thought that way too when I got my date of Dec 9th. But, after getting it several weeks ago..the time has just flown by. Ever since going to Dr Oh's orientation on Aug 8th everything has just zipped by. I have finished all my testing and this coming Monday (Oct 20th) have my appt with the internist. The time should go by pretty fast for you...giving you time to take care of the loose ends before surgery. Good luck on your journey!!! ~~Carla
Carol K.
on 10/16/03 2:38 pm - Lynnwood, WA
Thanks Carla for the good wishes! Sounds like you are about a month ahead of me. I'm going in next Wednesday for a follow up on my latest Endoscopy and I'm going to go ahead with my hospital testing that day, too. I still need to do the psych eval. I need to save a bit of money first, however. I don't believe that my insurance will cover it. That will be my only hang-up on being ready for the cancellation list! I think you are right that there are a lot of details to be put in place before that life changing date. I know that the holidays are a tough time to be recouperating, but, although it may not seem like a great gift when you first get it .. ... it will end up being the very best gift you could ever give yourself and your loved ones. You will have a whole new lease on life and a second chance at a healthy, happy future. You take care and let me know how you're doing. Carol
Most Active