Newbie, looking for support.

Lisa B.
on 10/13/03 3:21 am - Seattle, WA
Hi everyone. My name is Lisa. I am a 31 year old WAHM. I have been married to my hubby, Ed, for 15 years. I have never experienced what it is to be "normal" weight. I have been overweight all of my life as far back as I can remember. I have been on just about every diet plan imaginable with not much success. I am not one to be sitting around all day. I am very active and work anywhere between 50-70hrs a week with my home business, but being 279lbs, it is somewhat of a challenge at. For over a year I have considered gastric bypass surgery, but only recently did I really start focusing on it. Over the past few weeks I have been coming here and visiting this site as well as a few others and I finally took the first step by going to my PCM and getting an authorization to see Dr. Weber. It only took a few days for my authorization to be approvedbut I am fully aware that being uthorised to go see him and being authorized for the actual surgery are 2 big big differences. Today, 10/13/03 I will be going to Ballard Swedish Hospital for a conference the Dr. Weber is holding and then from their I will be calling to make my first appointment with him. I have alot of support from my husband and I am looking for other support that pehaps some of you can offer me. I am especially interested in Roex-en-Y gastric bypass procedure (RGB) and would like to hear from anyone who has had this done. My main concern is post-op recovery time as my husband is in the navy and would have to take leave/vacation. I am also interested in anyone who has used Tricare Prime as their insurance and how Tricare handled your case. So far, Tricare has been good when it has come to the first 3 visit authorization but like I said earlier, this doesnt mean anything. I am also going to see my PCM to get some routine blood work done such a colesterol testing ect just to get a head of the game somewhat. I would love to chat with anyone who might be able to give me a heads up of what to expect throught the upcoming months. You can email me privatly at [email protected] and I will come visit here frequently to check any messages. You can also IM me anytime on yahoo messenger or AIM at...EdWuvsLisa I look forward to hearing from you all. {{HUGS}} Lisa
Carla A.
on 10/13/03 10:00 am - Burlington, WA
Hi Lisa!! Welcome to the AMOS family. I hope that your journey is as easy and positive as possible. We are a caring group that will help you along the way anyway we can. I find this site a blessing in knowing there are so many others that can relate to what I am going thru. They share my joys and my hurdles as they will yours as well. Its always nice to see new faces wanting to have a happier and healthier life!! Good luck on your trek!! ~~Carla
Most Active