Hoping to have surgery

Dani B.
on 10/6/03 3:35 am - WA
Hello to you all! I am new here and have been reading this site daily for about 3 weeks or so. I have my first visit with Dr. Oh this week and hoping to have luck with it. I have done lots of research and have attended his seminar and nutrient class already as well as the seminar that the WISH Center does. Although I havent had my first visit with him I have already completed my Psych evaluation, gotten all my historys together, even tried some protien drinks already. I am excited about this and want to make it happen as quick as possible. So if I can be prepared in advance well all be darn thats what I am going to do. You all here are great and love the support you all give each other. Keep up the great job.
(deactivated member)
on 10/7/03 7:20 am - Olympia, WA
You've selected a great doctor. He did my open RNY in March. You've done the right thing with getting all your medical history. The office staff can get moving on submitting your papers right away. One word of advice to you. Keep track of all conversations with insurance and the doctor's office. I started getting mixed up as to who said what and when. And keep on top of them both. If they said they faxed data, contact the other party and find out if they got it. If they didn't call back and ask that it be faxed again. Don't let days go by. Both the insurance and doctors offices are busy. The Squeeky wheel will get the grease
Carla A.
on 10/8/03 4:22 am - Burlington, WA
Dani.. Welcome to the group. I too have Dr Oh. I have had nothing but a wonderful relationship with Dr Oh, his staff as well as the staff at St Joseph's Hospital. My LAP RNY surgery is scheduled for 9 Dec and I have pretty much everything done except for the Psych Eval and that's scheduled for 13 Oct. (I asked them if I need to study for it.) Then with the internist on the 20th. After that, its just sitting and waiting for my pre-op a week before WLS. I think you have made a wonderful choice with Dr Oh. As far as my insurance, Dr Oh's staff had already sent it off and had an answer before I had even known they had gotten that far in the process. Was a piece of cake... (only piece of cake I will get anymore.... Good luck with your WLS journey... you have happened upon a wonderful site here!! ~~ Carla
Alexis C.
on 10/8/03 5:44 am - Puyallup, WA
Hi Dani, You are on the right track. I did the same thing to get prepared. I also have Great West Ins. if you have any questions, feel free to email me. Good Luck. My surgery date is Jan. 13th with Dr. Oh as well. God Bless. Alexis
Most Active