Plateau!!!

Sasha A.
on 10/3/03 5:11 am - Buckley, WA
Hi everyone! I am almost 3 months post op. I am feeling pretty good. I am down 56lbs now. The problem with that is I have been on a plateau at this weight for the last 2 weeks. I have even started to write my weight down on the calendar to track how long I am on this darned plateau. I know that plateaus are expected, but when you get on one it is so frustrating! I have been walking to try and break it, but to no avail. It seems that my body is at the "set point" because I can usually get to this point dieting but could not pass here. I hope I can break it soon. Thanks for letting me vent. Best wishes to all having surgery or recent posties
Michelle B.
on 10/3/03 9:19 am - Kennewick, Wa
Sasha, Hi I don't know much about Plateau's but I think I might be at my first one it's been a week and half and I haven't loss anything. I'm only 5 weeks post op but down about 32lb. I think that great. One of the othere girls I talk to told me to try and get in more water,that what washes the fat out of us,so I'v been trying but I still can only get in about 5 glasses a day. Michelle
omadoula
on 10/3/03 2:05 pm - University Place, WA
We all hit them, only some get there quicker and some don't reach plateaus until a year out. My first one was about a month out (I'm 3.5 months out now). First - DON'T WEIGH YOURSELF EVERY DAY!! That is a sure-fire way of getting down in the dumps. Limit yourself to a minimum of once a week. Anyway, it doesn't matter what the scale says - how do your clothes fit? How do you feel? I think we become so obsessed with the scale that we forget we are losing inches, which is much more important! Second - drink water, get more protein in, delete carbs and continue to exercise. Believe me, your weight loss will pick up again. Good job getting to -56 pounds! It's obvious you can do this - just keep plugging away. Connie in Tacoma
Most Active