Sleep study results

(deactivated member)
on 9/28/03 9:49 am
i posted an update in my profile but totally forgot to post it here too..sheeesh...lol well went last week to follow up on my sleep study...turns out i do not have apnea (a good thing i suppose)...however...i woke up 91 (!!!!!!!!!) times. she said it is due to my snoring getting so bad it wakes me up good lord no wonder i am SOOO frigging tired all the time the doc is positive this sleep disorder is weight related and all but promises me that it will go away after i get surgery..if i am ever approved. it makes sense to me because i dont remember being THIS tired until after my first son was born..if igured it was because i was a mom ...but it was also the first time i weighed more than 250 went to my PCP last week also and she put in for referrals for psych, tummy ultrasound and ECG and nutritionist...my ins is really good with referrals so i hope to hear late this week or early next about them good luck all wendy
(deactivated member)
on 9/28/03 11:13 am - Olympia, WA
Boy sure sounds like you were close to having sleep apnea. I wonder what the magic number of wake ups are to make it sleep apnea. It's good you don't have it though, it can be so serious. When I did my study I woke nearly 400 times that night. Unreal how I could have functioned. Good luck on your journey
(deactivated member)
on 9/29/03 7:08 am
WOW thats a lot of waking up..you poor thing i guess its not considered sleep apnea because i only stopped breathing 4times.. and my oxygen was decent most of the night.....lol ONLY 4 times...sorry but i dont like NOT breathing haha but the waking was not related to stopping breathing just my horrid snoring...but she DID say that if i was to gain weight or maintain even and just get older that it 'would' develop into apnea thanks wendy
Most Active