Water

Annie O.
on 9/17/03 11:10 am - Anacortes, WA
I notice how a number of you mention sipping water all day. I struggle with getting all my liquids in required for nourishment, and not getting any water in. I'm thinking it's just cuz I'm recently post op - and the water sippers out there are past the liquid diet, right?
keva M.
on 9/18/03 2:06 am - Arlington, WA
Nope, you have to work on tha****er too. While you're still in the 2 week liquid phase you don't have to worry about waiting a half hour to drink. Heck you're trying to have liquids every hour, so it seems like you're constantly drinking! What helped me was to not worry about the juice or broth, but to concentrate on the protein filled drinks (milk, Boost, Ensure, whatever) and my water. Gradually I could get the juice and broth in too, with broth being first. And it tasted SO good (something OTHER than protein drinks, and warm!). Don't forget sugar fee popsicles. They count as water too, and it's fun to actually 'eat' something instead of drinking. Even after you start the pureed diet you'll have to work your way up. I'm one month out, and I'm still not up to the 'required' amounts for water and protein. When I talked to the dietician yesterday, she said to just keep working on it, and to choose protein rich foods. I'm at about 40 grams protein and the same (40 oz) sometimes more for water. Each day I try to shove a little more in. Good luck!
Most Active