Hello Sister Friends on the Other Side!

Annie O.
on 9/16/03 7:53 am - Anacortes, WA
I did it... it hurt like heck but I did it. It feels so good to be home too. I came home on Sunday the 14th. Guess I just missed Brandi at the hospital... I didnt know she was still there and she had the nurse pop in for a quick 'hello' on her way out but Iwas asleep. Darn! Well I must say I am having a hard time getting all the liquids in. I'm so scared that I"ll drink too much at once. But I called the nutritionist today - to verify that it's really okay to take the kids vitamins even though they have sugar in them - and she said I would start dehydrating if I didnt kick it in the butt. So I'm gonna. Yesterday I just gotin 16oz, gonna try for more today. Any suggestions on sleep positions are welcomed! ugh - that's a whole nuther post!
Carla A.
on 9/16/03 10:46 am - Burlington, WA
Well, not on the other side yet but, still hope all is going well for ya!! I have that same fear of taking to much at once after I have my surgery. I love to just gulp the water down. I have decided that I will start using straws for drinking my water and that should keep me from doing that. Good luck on your journey!
omadoula
on 9/16/03 11:22 pm - University Place, WA
Congratulations, Annie! Good to hear that you are home and doing well. Sleeping is going to be a little tricky for a while, but if you sleep on your side with a pillow tucked under your tummy it will feel much better. If you are a stomach sleeper. . .too bad - you'll have to wait a while. Also, when getting up, be sure to roll to your side, swing your legs over the side of the bed and walk yourself up with your arms. This will keep the pressure off of your abdominal muscles. Never fear - if you drink too much at once, pouchy will let you know, as it is very uncomfortable. Just keep sip, sip, sipping away. It will get easier as time passes. Don't obsess about it, just keep a bottle of water handy whatever you are doing. My house looks like a water bottle factory - I always have a bottle of water permanently next to every place I sit so that I don't even have to think about it, as it's always there. Good luck on your journey. Connie in Tacoma
keva M.
on 9/17/03 2:40 am - Arlington, WA
Congrats Annie! Sleeping is the hardest. My back got so sore from always being in that position, but after about 2 days I could gradually lay partly on my side, then more on the side everyday. A pillow for support certainly helps. Remember to support yourself when getting up. And you have to REALLY remember when you start healing, you feel better and start to use those stomach muscles to get you up and WHAM, you're reminded kinda painfully that things are still healing inside. Sip, sip, sip... You're water bottle IS your friend! Good luck!
Most Active