Has Anyone Gone to Wish Center?

lori86
on 9/16/03 1:46 am - Bothell, WA
Hi, Has anyone gotten their surgery done at the Wish Center? If yes, who was your doctor and what did you like or not like about them? I understand that they have a payment plan for the surgery. It is looking like I might have to pay out of pocket. I look forward to hearing all comments on regarding the Wish Center. Thanks
keva M.
on 9/16/03 3:53 am - Arlington, WA
I am a WISH Center graduate and was self-pay also. You'll find others like me here too. Dr. Alperovich and Dr. Rincon are the two current doctors working out of the Renton WISH center. Dr. A was my doc and I think he has a great beside manner, very considerate and understanding. He describes everything in detail in terms you can understand. I never felt 'rushed' like so many other doctors make you feel for just asking questions. The staff at the center are also very nice, but firm in their convictions (diet, excercise, etc.) so they will keep you on the straight and narrow in a good positive way. I only had to finance part of my surgery with the WISH center, I managed to scrape up the rest myself. I'm only 4 weeks out, have lost 20 lbs. (I'm a so-called lightweight, HA!) and am doing well. My surgery was Lap RNY. I am constantly amazed at how little I eat (by choice!) and look forward to continued healing and more weight loss! Yippee!
thebowlerfamily
on 10/2/03 2:11 am - Vancouver, WA
Hi Keva Marie, I have a question for you. I was notified by my surgeon yesterday that my insurance Pacificare will not be covering in 2004 for my surgery---surgery was set for November! To say the least, I am extremely disappointed. My question to you is----do you have insurance? If so, if you have complications (Heaven Forbid you do) what are your steps? I have been getting a negative response that ---if complications my insurance will not recognize and cover hospital stays/procedures. I would not want to jeopardize my family's finances. Also, do you feel comfortable in stating to me that cost of your procedure? Thank you in advance for your assistance and take care! Christina
Joan R.
on 10/7/03 10:42 am - Monroe, Wa
Hi Keva, I had surgery, open rny through the Wish Center on July 29th. The whole team is wonderful. Dr Alperovich is very patient and really addressed my questions and concerns. The staff is very nice and although the pre op appointments were long they left no stone unturned. As far as the surgery and hospital stay, they have their own bariatric wing, the rooms are new and you get to have your own private room. They have a nice lobby and all of the furniture is built for larger size people. The nurses are compasionate and kind. The docs come and see you daily. After surgery I wasn't in any pain and I felt that I really got a lot of attention from all of the staff. Good luck on your journey, Joan
Sasha A.
on 9/16/03 4:39 am - Buckley, WA
I had lap rny with Dr. Alperovich on 7/9/03. He is the best! He has a gentle manner and really listens to his patients. The nursing staff at Valley Medical Center is fantastic!!! I can't say enough positive things about my hospital stay. Best of luck!
Dee G.
on 9/16/03 7:28 am - Bremerton, wa
Hi Lora, I did quite a bit of research and specifically selected the WISH center. I too, had Dr. A...and he is wonderful. The staff seems to really care. I thought my prep was super, my stay at Vally Medical Center was the best I could hope for, the nurses were fantastic...and Dr. A has a lot of respect there by the staff. I was self pay....and I was surprised at the options for surgical payment. I am just a week or so post op but feel like I already look better....I am excited everyday by new options. I know this was a good thing for me. Has it been easy? Not always..but I have a goal. WISH center helped me be better prepared and to stay focused on that goal. I am a more than satisfied customer!!
miranda1
on 10/6/03 5:17 pm - salem, or
I have gone in for first visit .surgeon is Dr.A he was wonderful and also is staff.I dident feel uncomfortable about anything.I also felt very informed.Im now doing diet and exercise plan and the never ending wait for insurance approval.Im having open rny.I have cigna ppo uugghh!!!! they have been very difficult to say the least.There is nothing bad i can say about the Wish center great choise good luck w/insurance Heather
Most Active