Sleep problems

Dee G.
on 9/11/03 8:12 pm - Bremerton, wa
Ok..so now I have the eating down..sort of. But I can't seem to sleep. I am exhausted but just lie in bed with eyes open. HAs anyone else had this happen to them post surgery? It's like I can't shut down! HELP!
omadoula
on 9/11/03 11:41 pm - University Place, WA
Have you ever practiced any sort of relaxation or meditation? Those principles work extremely well at refocusing the mind and allowing the body to rest. Check your local Borders or other store for relaxation tapes/CDs to help if you are not familiar with the concepts. Melatonin is a life saver for me. Since I am sensitive to medications, I only take a half pill and it knocks me out. Melatonin is a synthetic form of seratonin, which is the "feel good" stuff in our bodies that allows us to relax and rest. I have been lucky in that I have been sleeping better since surgery. Losing a great deal of fat from my face, neck and chest has certainly helped, but when I do get stuck, Melatonin is my friend. Good luck and sweet dreams! Connie in Tacoma
Hilda R.
on 9/14/03 4:07 am - Bucoda, WA
Dee, I had my surgery on Aug 25th. It was difficult for me also to sleep the first couple of weeks, but it is getting better. In fact I can now sleep on my stomach again. Hang in there, it should get better and Good Luck.
Vickie D.
on 9/15/03 5:53 pm - Kent, WA
I have some classical music and nature CD's that I listen to that I find relaxing. Because I love the sounds of orca calls, I also have a CD of piano music with orcas in the background. I have ocean sounds with Mozart and Bach, and even a CD of Island Life from the San Juan Islands. I just simply close my eyes, and daydream about being there, while listening. I don't know if you can have this, I drink Chamomile (sp?) tea. Probably have to find a decaf soon for myself. I love the STASH brand teas. Melatonin is wonderful, as previously state! It is not for long term use, however, from what my health store told me. It's great to get into the routine of a sleep schedule though! Ask a health store professional at your local store, or even at your grocery store, there is a health food section, and the person who works in that section can be of great help!
Most Active