Five days and can't eat..

Dee G.
on 9/9/03 8:18 pm - Bremerton, wa
I am really becoming scared that nothing tastes good and that I don't feel like eating. I finally got some jello down but the taste of everything is either metalic or too sweet. I can barely tolerate the taste of the pain med. Have others experienced this post op?
omadoula
on 9/9/03 11:22 pm - University Place, WA
Dee, it's normal to have your tastes change after surgery, but I would be concerned regarding the metallic taste in your mouth. It might be perfectly normal, could be a result of the pain medication, or might be something else. I encourage you to call your doc or dietician and get their opinion. You just had major surgery, and your body might not feel like eating for a while. I could barely get down my protein the first week, but take heart, for it does get better. You will need to find a protein you can tolerate. I suggest that you contact VITALADY.COM. She is in Puyallup, and you can either go to her house and taste (for free) or she will send you samples for about $2 each. Another protein alternative is the Designer Whey UNFLAVORED (I get mine at GNC). I have found this to be a wonderful alternative for me, as it can be used in anything. Good luck on your journey. If you need anything or just need a shoulder to cry on, give me a call 253-531-7297 or email me. Connie in Tacoma
Most Active