2 Weeks Post-Op

keva M.
on 9/5/03 3:00 am - Arlington, WA
Yesterday was my 2 week post-op appt. Got my staples out (hooray!), was given my diet plan for the next 3 months, and lost 13.5 lbs as per the doctor's scale! Yippee! I'm so glad to be on some kind of food (even if it is pureed), my energy level shot right up as soon as I had something of substance. I'm looking forward to continuing with this process. So far I have had an excellent experience, even with all the "side effects" of Thrush, Yeast Infection, Diarrhea, Swollen Legs and Feet. Sounds like a lot, but I guess my trade off was I had a pretty much pain free surgery. I didn't need any pain meds after they took me off the morphine drip, with the exception of a little Liquid Tylenol after I got home on day 2. Now two weeks later all the side effects are pretty much gone, and my brain is slowly losing its ditzy blond routine. To everyone who's considering this, or is newly out of the gate. Hang in there! It gets better everyday and it's SO much fun to watch that scale drop!
Hilda R.
on 9/6/03 3:18 am - Bucoda, WA
Hey Girl, Congratulations on your weight loss. Sounds like you are doing great. I'll be 2wks out on the 8th. I think I have lost most of the 25 I gained in the hospital,now gotta start from where I left off just before surgery. It is true, it gets easier each day. I too had a set-back a few days, mine was one of my incisions (the largest on the left side) became infected and began oosing alot (about a cup). I am on antibiotics and it is healing fine. Take care and keep me posted.
Most Active