feeling sorry for my self

peggy C.
on 8/31/03 5:46 am - moses lake, wa
I know I am feeling sorry for my self, but I hate thinking I will have to spend the rest of my life looking and feeling like this because a insurance company doesn't do obesity surgery. I was so looking forward to living a normal life. I wanted to be able to put my own shoes on,walk on the beach, play with my grandson on the floor, walk without a walker, make love to my husband, this is only part of my wish list. I have tryed all the diets and that is not the answer . I just wish the people that run insurance companys would under stand that no one whats to be like this and if it is not a life and death illness right now it will be.
Brandi S.
on 8/31/03 7:44 am - Mount Vernon, wa
Keep your chin up hon. Have you checked with a bank about financing. The place I went to in Renton (other side of the mountains .. ) does their own financing. Its called the Wish Center and they have a website. Its a great program. Im not sure about places in your neck of the woods. But its an idea. Best of luck to you. Brandi
Carla A.
on 8/31/03 11:48 am - Burlington, WA
Hi Peggy... When you called the insurance company, did you tell them that you wanted this surgery for weight loss? Alot of the time, insurance companies refuse this because of how its worded. Have you seen a bariatric Doctor? With co-morbidities, a knowledgable bariactric team will know how to probably word a letter that doesn't request this procedure for simple weight loss. I know its a shot in the dark but, it might be worth it to try again. You didn't mention who you have your insurance with. But, have you checked the AMOS site to see how the same insurance company has handled others requesting this surgery? I know your frustration. I have been waiting for over ten yrs to finally get insurance that would do mine. Hang in there. In the mean time I will keep my fingers crossed for you.
Most Active