day before surgery

Brandi S.
on 8/30/03 6:50 am - Mount Vernon, wa
Yes i am posting again. Just been thinking alot about my surgery and wondering if all the great people here would be able to help. This time i am wondering about the day before surgery, when we take that stuff to "clean you out". Should i be home the entire day or just for a little while after taking it. Thanks again!! Brandi
omadoula
on 8/30/03 8:10 am - University Place, WA
I didn't have to do that before my RNY, but I did prior to a colonoscopy. My doc told me to start taking the stuff at 4pm and I should be cleaned out and ready to go by 6 the next morning. It really worked fast on me, but everyone is different! I would not even THINK about going anywhere after you take it. You never know when it will kick in. Even if you think you are done, it can sneak up on you. Good luck Connie in Tacoma
Annie O.
on 8/30/03 8:32 pm - Anacortes, WA
Hi you! They (WISH CENTER) told me to stick to a toilet (or was that I would be sticking to a toilet - ha!).
keva M.
on 8/31/03 4:21 am - Arlington, WA
Don't plan on going anywhere! When the urge comes, it comes on fast! Have something on hand for a sore tushi! I used a trick the nurses told me when I gave birth to a rather exhuberent boy and had quite a few stitches to contend with. Get a squirt bottle, fill with tepid water and squirt like crazy whenever you need to urinate (the urine can sting like crazy on a sore bum!)
Brandi S.
on 8/31/03 1:02 pm - Mount Vernon, wa
Thanks for the tip keva. I remember that from when i had my daughter. It helped alot. My dads coming to town is why i asked. I was hoping to go to my sisters to see him but ill guess he'll just have to come see me. Wont be a fun day but it will be worth it in the end..thanks all B
Most Active