lost my job

Brandi S.
on 8/30/03 2:26 am - Mount Vernon, wa
Hi all. Well the company i work for has a very strict attendance policy. Unfortunatly for me i was 4 minutes late on wednesday. Our office was closing on the 12th of sept anyways but i was going to transfer down to seattle. They are letting me stay till the 12, which my last day will actually be the 3rd cuz my surgery is the 5th and still get my sick pay till the 12. So i guess thats good. Just never been laid off before so im kinda nervous. But im really trying to focus on my surgery. Ill wait till after surgery to start putting resumes out, just in case it take longer than expected to heal. Well thanks for listening, and keep your fingers crossed that all works out of the best. Brandi
Sasha A.
on 8/30/03 5:28 am - Buckley, WA
Hey Brandi! The attendance policy sucks! On the brighter side....at least your insurance will continue afterwards. And you won't have to make that awful commute. Everything happens for a reason and now is your time to start a new life with a healthy body and spirit. Heck, why not start a new job too? Take care
Carla A.
on 8/30/03 5:50 am - Burlington, WA
Hey Brandi.. I'm sorry to hear about the job. Hopefully, things will fall as they should and will work itself off. On a brighter note, you can relax and heal without the stress of knowing that you have to get back. Since, they let you go, you should check into unemployment. That can sure come in handy at this time. Well, you are in my thoughts as you get closer to your date next Friday. I will keep you in my prayers. Take care, Carla
Annie O.
on 8/30/03 8:22 pm - Anacortes, WA
Oh Brandi I'm so sorry! It's definately a big deal but your health is a bigger deal right now. You are on the right track, focus on the surgery and healing THEN give yourself permission to think about the work situation. I could be wrong but it has been my experience that overweight people appear to be discriminated against when it comes to job interviews. I haven't been working for some time now and plan to go back into the dreaded job search (not fun in this area, huh Brandi?) post op. Since our surgery dates are so close together I'm sure we'll be job hunting at the same time too! How funny! We'll have to talk more about that later. Right now... let's focus on continuing to prepare for this major change in our lives that will swing things in the right direction! Yippee!
Most Active