Home, and feeling better all the time.

Hilda R.
on 8/28/03 11:05 pm - Bucoda, WA
Hi everyone, thank you for your posts... I am home now after having my lap RNY at Valley Med. in Renton on Monday the 25th. Surgery went great, the next morning I was taken for the barium xray, they thought they saw a leak so back to xray I went a couple of hrs later. then after conferring with Dr. Alperovich it was decided I did not have a leak, but maybe stuff was emptying too slowly, I was told that I may need another, you guessed it, barium xray, but in the end, that night I was able to have a BM and the BLUE ice & water was staying down, so it was cancelled. My drain tube was removed just before discharging me, and my husband is changing the dressing quite often from leakage. I feel so much better just being at home, my blood preasure is doing fine and the stage 1 diet seems to be going well. One thing, I could have done without the 25 lb. weight GAIN from all the fluids in the hospital, it doesn't seem fair to start so much farther out.....but, know where to go from here but down..... I'll keep you guys posted on my recovery...so far, so good...
Brandi S.
on 8/29/03 12:23 am - Mount Vernon, wa
Im so happy it went well for you hilda. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Keep us posted. Brandi
Amanda P.
on 8/29/03 2:36 am - Wa
Glad to hear everything is going well for you. Congrats on making it to losing side. I wish you all the best and much success!! Take care and keep us posted. Warmest wishes.****Amanda
Sasha A.
on 8/29/03 10:35 am - Buckley, WA
Congrats Hilda! Isn't that blue ice/water a riot. I had that on my hands forever! I am glad you are doing well. Take care and keep us updated. Sasha - Lap RNY 7/9/03
Carla A.
on 8/30/03 6:02 am - Burlington, WA
Congratulations for making it to the losing side. I hope your recovery is speedy and as pain free as possible. I have to admit reading all the messages that talk about blue ice, etc makes one wonder what's ahead for me. Will be an interesting journey.
Most Active