1 week post-op

keva M.
on 8/28/03 11:34 am - Arlington, WA
Phew! I made it! I finally have enough strength (and less pain) to sit at the computer and post. Surgery was on the 20th, no complications. They removed my gallbladder (and big gall stone) at the same time. I did well with pain, but not with the runs! Sheese... You'd think after the bowel prep there wouldn't be anything left! Everyone at Valley Medical was great. I did begin to cringe every time I heard the Respiratory Therapist coming down the halls to have you breath in the thingy that looked like some kind of futuristic a car part. That darn thing left me drier than the Sahara! Passed the Leak test (the stuff before the barium was actually worse!). And if I never see another blue ice cube..... ;)
Brandi S.
on 8/28/03 12:16 pm - Mount Vernon, wa
Glad to hear you are doing well. Best of luck on your continuing recovery. Keep us posted. Brandi
Hilda R.
on 8/28/03 10:56 pm - Bucoda, WA
So glad to hear you're doing better each day. too funny about the blue ice, I know exactly what you mean. and then comes the very colorful BM's. As soon as I arrived home last night I asked for a popsicle, anything but blue.....I said. my touge will never be the same. Keep up the good work, walk- walk- walk, and keep us posted.
Amanda P.
on 8/30/03 4:01 am - Wa
CONGRATS Keva!! Glad to here that all went well. My thoughts and prayers for much success. Keep us all posted and let us know how your doing. Warmest wishes.****Amanda
Carla A.
on 8/30/03 5:57 am - Burlington, WA
Hope your recovery is speedy and without too much pain. Now that you are over the hump you can begin to live a new life. I wish you the best.
Most Active