Got my con**** APPROVED and scheduled!

(deactivated member)
on 8/28/03 4:48 am
and i'm soo nervous ....but i'm soooo very excited too...very confusing lol i got the letter from my ins company approving the consult just over a week after my doc requested it..i sure hope this is a GOOD sign of things to come..i hope they are that agreeable when it comes to approving the surgery itself! my consult is Sept 17th with Dr Lauter up in Kirkland...i live near Longview so its quite a trip but mom is gonna take me while hubby stays with the kids and sees that they get to school.. i'm not ready to haul a 3 and 5 year old 3.5 hours in a car just yet they could have seen me next week for the consult but my oldest starts kindy on the 3rd and i want to be home for that... i had my doc refer me for a sleep test last week.. i hope to get that out of the way before my consult....having my medical records sent up to Dr Lauter this week also....i really want to cut down on the amount of hoops i have to jump through after my consult is there any other tests i can have my PCP refer me for before then? i was thinking maybe an ECG? maybe i'll just wait..i'm just scared that something is going to happen to not let this happen thanks for listening wendy
omadoula
on 8/28/03 9:31 am - University Place, WA
Right on Wendy! Most people have to have a psych evaluation and visit the dietician before approval happens, but be sure and ask the doc. Have a list of questions ready, I'm sure he will be happy to take the time to go over anything you want. They usually will do an EKG at your pre-op, but if you are concerned about your heart, by all means ask him if you can have a consult for ECG & stress test. I had one, and was really glad I did. Keep your positive attitude and just WILL everything to go as smoothly as can be. Wave to me when you pass through Tacoma. Have a safe trip and let us know how it goes. Connie in Tacoma
Most Active