Wish Protein Plus

Brandi S.
on 8/26/03 11:02 am - Mount Vernon, wa
I am wondering if anyone has tried the Wish Protien Plus? It is offered thru the wish center and it says it has all the vitamins and minerals that you need. So im thinking you use that and you dont have to take vits seperately. I am also wondering if its any good. Thanks all. Brandi
Annie O.
on 8/26/03 2:04 pm - Anacortes, WA
Hi ya! I asked the Nutritionist at the WISH Center if she tried it. She did... she said it tasted "...okay, it's an acquired taste". That's all I know about it. Is there anything on the WISH Center's 'Patients Only' section of their website?
omadoula
on 8/26/03 2:34 pm - University Place, WA
Brandi, I wouldn't go out and buy a big thing of protein powder until after your surgery. Chances are, your tastes will change and you might be stuck with something that you can't stomach. Happened to me. I would go to protein-solution.com or vitalady.com and get samples to have for after surgery so you can test them before you make a big commitment. Also, Vitalady is in Puyallup and you can go to her house and taste anything she has for free. Also, vitamins are essential, no matter what your protein powder has in it. Remember, the drink will flow right through you, with only a small chance for those vitamins to absorb. I use the Bariatric Nutritional vitamins from protein-solution.com. They are wafers that you chew, and are actually kinda tasty. Also, it is imperative that you take iron, vitamin C, B-12 and folic acid. Your dietician or doctor should have given you a list of what you need to take after surgery, or perhaps you will get that before you are discharged from the hospital. If not, be sure and ask, as you want to remain as healthy as possible. "Malabsorption" is the key word in this surgery, so you will not have a normal system anymore, and you must supplement vigorously to maintain your health. You are nearly there, girl! Good luck on your journey. If you get down this way and want me to take you out to Vitalady, email me ([email protected]). Connie in Tacoma
Sasha A.
on 8/27/03 5:53 am - Buckley, WA
Hi Brandi! I haven't tried the Wish Center Protein....but yesterday I did buy the new protein that they have at Costco. It comes in chocolate and vanilla. It was a 6 lb container for $19.99 which is a great price. I also go to vitalady's house and buy protein from her. She has monthly meetings and also does sampling at the meetings. Let me know if you try the wish center protein and how it tastes. I'm always looking for new proteins!
Carla A.
on 8/27/03 1:05 pm - Burlington, WA
Hey Brandi... How's it going? You're down to just a week now. I can imagine how excited you must be getting! Here is another site you might find interesting for your protein needs. The moderator of the site is a also WLS member and very helpful. She can mail your things or they can be picked up in Federal Way. She also works for the Dr who is going to do my WLS. She also has taste testing get-togethers, so you can try out flavors. So, you don't waste alot of money on things you might not like. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wlssuccess/
Carla A.
on 8/27/03 1:17 pm - Burlington, WA
Opps.. I gave you the support group page. Here is the 'store' info.. which is on the same site. http://www.wlssuccess.com/
Most Active