Is there anyone out there who had a secondary bariatric surgery??

Nicole W.
on 8/22/03 3:11 pm - Benton City, WA
Help! My name is Nicole Walton and I had a bariatric surgery called Vertical Silastic Gastroplasty ten years ago when I was 18. Much to my delight I lost 130 pounds in a year and change. Much to my dismay it plateued twenty pounds before my desired goal of 150 and started coming back. It stableized for about five years between 180 and 190, then started creeping back up about four years ago. My eating habits, exercise regime, and social activity level did not change, though my emotional health took a nosedive around this time. I found out when I tried to contact my bariatric surgery facility that it had been closed down. I further found out the failure rate for this procedure was 95% and often resulted in a hernia at the suture site within 10 years of the surgery. I found out this little gem of information from the lady who had her procedure about a year before me and had to have surgery for a hernia at the suture site. As my 10 year anniversary is coming up I am very interested to see if a secondary procedure has been successfully completed and if so, what it entails. For my part I have sought professional help for my emotional nosedive and am now on depression medication. I want to lose weight permanently this time and would appreciate any information from anyone. It has been impossible to find any information on the Web on secondary bariatric procedures. Thanks, Nicole
Most Active