Almost 6 weeks post op update

Sasha A.
on 8/18/03 5:08 am - Buckley, WA
Hi everyone. I am just about 6 weeks post op and 4 weeks post blood clot! Time does fly. I am going back to work next week. I am nervous about that because I have not told many of my co-workers about surgery. I am still not sure how I am going to answer all of the questions. I am down about 33 pounds which is good considering that I haven't been able to exercise in the last month. The doctor said I can start exercising this week. I hope that will speed up some weight loss. While on the pureed diet, these have been my fave foods: no-fat refried beans (and the pintos and cheese from Taco Bell), tuna salad, mashed potatoes (I love KFC), yogurt, malt o meal, etc. I start adding more soft foods to the routine this week. FYI to any recent post ops, if you at first can't eat a certain food, wait a few weeks and try again. I could not hold down beans at all! Then just last week I tried them again and they stayed down. They were great! Well, sorry to go on and on. I want to thank everyone for their support. I really do appreciate it!
dthegreat
on 8/18/03 6:31 am - Federal Way, WA
Sasha, How exciting! I'm I will keep my thoughts with you. I'm going to have my surgery in 2 days and I'm nervous. Now what happen with the blood clot? Talk to you soon! Deanne
(deactivated member)
on 8/18/03 10:47 am
wow great job! glad you are healing well...dont push yourself wendy
Brandi S.
on 8/18/03 4:53 pm - Mount Vernon, wa
Im glad you are doing so well. Wow 33 pounds. way to go. Take care and keep us posted on your progress. Brandi
Most Active