Twice denied!!! P L E A S E HELP !!!

Jennifer R.
on 7/6/03 9:07 am - Spokane, WA
I just got a second denial letter from my insurance company(Inland Empire Teamsters Trust) The won't give me any other reason other than "It's a Policy Exclusion" I've had letters written by my PCP, family members and the doctor I was hoping to have perform the procedure. But to no avail. I'm am so frustrated. How one insurance can say "SURE" on one request, and the others fight you tooth and nail makes no sense to me. I've struggled all my life with weight, and after having two children, the situation has progessively gotten worse. I have many comorbidities, and feel my time is running short. It there is anyone out there that has succeeded in the fight with Teamsters. PLEASE tell me your secret. Sincerely, Jennifer Richardson
Leah G.
on 7/6/03 12:49 pm - Puyallup, WA
Oh hi Jennifer. You can ask me anything you like, the day I got the call from Walter's office was the happiest time in my life, I hope that works for you too. Lets see, I was denied, then I wrote this long appeal letter, and I was denied again. I mailed in the paperwork to Walter, and within, I am not kidding a little more than a week, the insurance co. overturned their decision. Once they see that you mean business, they back right down! Please keep me posted how you are doing!
omadoula
on 7/6/03 1:29 pm - University Place, WA
Hi Jennifer, I have Regence Blue Shield and it is a policy exclusion for me, too. I have been told by them and several insurance brokers that if it is POLICY EXCLUSION there is no way to fight it. I finally had to re-fi my house to come up with the money to pay for it. I don't know if Teamsters exclusions are any different than any other exclusions, but I sure hope you have more luck than I did.
Kristy M.
on 7/6/03 6:12 pm - Battle Ground, WA
Hi Jennifer! I am having the same problem!! I also have ins through the Teamsters. My husband is a truck driver, and I always thought we had pretty good ins until now! We have Providence Health Plan. I called my surgeons office and they told me that when it is a plan "exclusion", there is just no way to fight it! I was SO bummed. The girl there said I could go work at StarBucks!! Their ins plan pays for it!! I was like I wi**** was that easy!! So now I guess we are going to see about changing my husband's ins come this January. Let me know if you ever find anyway around the "exclusion"!! Best of Luck, Kristy
cathy B.
on 7/7/03 7:29 am - issaquah, wa
hey there, I have aetna(sucka$$) insurance and I was denied twice also but instead of doing a 2nd appeal we are just paying out of pocket, fortunetly we had the $$ in savings but thats not the point, I have a life threatening heart problem that is in association with the severe sleep apnea I have, and because i did not have the 6 months of documentation of dr assisted wt loss they denied me 2 x. Im running out of time as far as correcting my problem so they arent going to stop me from getting my surgery, however, I will say they sure will be paying for my tummytuck and breast redux!! they will not tell me I dont have the documentation they need for that! I already started it. so the advise I have to give is DOCUMENTATION document document document!!! As you can tell currently I have a big resentment to Aetna for their insanity and moronic attitude of "oh to bad you can die you just dont have the documentation we need". GOOD LUCK Cathy in Issaquah
Amanda P.
on 7/7/03 2:42 pm - Wa
Hello Jennifer, I dont have your insurance, but I do live in a similar insurance HELL. I have also been denied 2x, I dont have a policy exclusion but I'm still being denied. I'm going to try one more appeal, then I will decide if I'm going to go to our state medical comissioner, or hire Walter. Either way I refuse to give up. I already have contacted and gotten the application packet from Walter's office so that I can be ready if I get the big "D" again. Anyway, I just wanted to say I know the frustration and heart ache that the're causing you. I hope that you wont give up either, and keep fighting them. You will be in my thoughts and prayers for an approval. Feel free to email me anytime. Take care
Most Active