new to area

theresa D.
on 6/19/03 10:59 am - gladstone, or
Actually I grew up in vancouver wa, but 7 years ago moved to bradenton florida... I get to move back aug 1st and yes I am thrilled to death to be coming back home.. rain and all!! my problem is this... I had my surgery here in florida on 4/16/03 so I am only 9 weeks post op. any suggestions on how I get post op health care from a dr. who didn't do the surgery? where are all the local support group meetings in the vancouver/portland area? and can I attend since I wasn't operated on at a paticular hospital (our hospital is strange.. you can only attend if you were a patient! what ever!!) thanks for any and all help theresa
omadoula
on 6/20/03 2:33 pm - University Place, WA
Congratulations to you, miss 9-week post-op. Hope you are feeling great. I am in Tacoma, so I don't have a clue about support groups in the Ptld/Vanc area, but I do know that the ones here are for anyone. This web site should be a big help in finding a group. Did the doc who did your sugery have any references for you? You would think that he/she would have connections across the country and could refer you to someone in the Vanc/Ptld area for follow up. Make sure that you get a copy of your records from your surgery doc. Good luck to you on your journey
Most Active