Anyone sleeved at Puget Sound Surgical?

buffy123
on 11/13/12 8:15 am

Anyone sleeved at Puget Sound Surgical?  I will be traveling from Portland, OR.

reneemosley
on 11/24/12 11:11 am - WA
VSG on 05/21/12
Heatherneedshelp123
on 12/9/12 2:19 pm

I met with Dr. Billing last week. I was previously scheduled to have my surgery with Group Health but they thought I was not ready so they gave my slot to someone else. Dr. Billing was very knowledgeable and pleasant. But the office seemed confused about booking my fitness and nutrition appts and also couldnt quite give me an accurate price on a revision. So now I am mulling it over and shopping around again. :(

buffy123
on 12/10/12 3:10 am

So sorry to hear about your experience...do you mind me asking why they thought you "weren't ready".

Thanks,

Buffy

Heatherneedshelp123
on 12/11/12 12:07 am

I'm being very polite when I use the term "not ready". Group Health's head bariatric surgeon, Dr. Steven Bock suddenly disappeared two months ago. We got a call saying that he was no longer with Group Health, that it was unfortunate and very sudden. (we first thought he died, but we were assured he didn't). So the bariatric nurse changed my surgery date to December 31st and my consultation with my new surgeon to November 30th. She called the week before the November 30th appointment somewhat upset. She said my chart showed I was a smoker. I explained I'm on the patch and Dr. Bock said he would change my smoking status when I was smoke free for 12 months. She asked me why I wasn't on birth control. I explained I was abstinent. She replied well you're still 22 years old!!! And then her final issue was that the doctor that prescribes my anti anxiety medication thought it would be helpful to see a therapist which I hadn't done yet because I'm in the final weeks of college before graduation. Therefore she cancelled my surgery. The funny thing is that I was self pay, because bariatric services were not covered under my Group Health plan. So I guess I just saved $30K!!!! Now I am shopping around for a better alternative.....

JoyceannTuck
on 1/13/13 5:47 pm - DEER PARK, WA
Lap Band on 04/07/11 with

Have you checked out NorthWest Weight Loss Surgery in South Everett, WA?

http://www.nwwls.com/
866-350-2263

They perform all WLS procedures.

Their aftercare and followup support programs are second to none.

The cost was no where close to $30K.

My husband and I have lost a total of 300 pounds with their help.

Dr. Michaelson saved our lives.

Good luck finding and choosing a surgeon.  I wish you much success!

buffy123
on 1/14/13 12:19 am

Thank you very much.

JoyceannTuck
on 1/14/13 12:38 am - DEER PARK, WA
Lap Band on 04/07/11 with

Buffy:

Hubby and I used to be on Group Health Insurance. They flat out denial our PCP's request for bariatric surgery.  After we changed insurance companies, we were immediately approved. Group Health was good for a lot of things, this was not one of them. 

Since our surgery, our plan has not had to pay for the huge volume of insulin I used to use.  That savings to them has been more than what they paid of the surgery, on my behalf. We were prepared to cash pay if needed, but luckily it was a covered benefit under our new policy.

buffy123
on 1/14/13 12:43 am

I am glad to hear you had a great experience.  Thank you so much for the info.

Katie M.
on 1/21/13 1:53 am - WA

I have had my LapSleeve (Dr Billing) for over 4 yrs :)

I also work at PSSC (for the past 2 yrs)

This is a big decision, so weigh your options carefully - best wishes in your journey!

Katie

Most Active