Need a Seattle Area Revision Surgeon

IssaquahMom578
on 12/22/11 4:23 am - WA
Hello fellow Washington State WLS patients. My little family moved from the DFW area to Issaquah in October 2010. I was very familiar with surgeons in the Dallas area, but need recommendations for my husband who is currently banded.

My husband and I were banded in 2005 and 2006 by a poor (putting it lightly) surgeon. I have since revised to a VSG while Hubby still has his band and has gained weight since his surgery. He experienced Dilation and has very little to no saline in his band.

Our Lap-Band Surgeon placed my band BACKWARDS. I am scared to death what will be found when my husband is in surgery. Hubby should have revised several years ago with the surgeon I had for my VSG. We know he needs the band out and something done as he is approaching 400lbs and I have been very scared of losing him to obesity just like his father.

We have Premera BCBS (Microsoft) insurance and I'm not sure if they pay for VSG now as they didn't when I had the surgery and we paid the difference between having the band removal and VSG.

Does anyone recommend an experienced revision surgeon?
~Carrie~
Banded in 2005 by Robert O. Powell in Dallas, TX (Horrible Experience & Doctor)
Revised to VSG in 08/2010 by Manuel E. Castro, M.D. in Dallas, TX    
NextChapter14
on 12/25/11 2:36 pm

I have the same insurance and I believe they cover the VSG, I am waiting for final approval.  I am not sure about the revision. My surgeon’s office is down town Seattle his name is Dr. Ross McMahon. They are opening a clinic in Issaquah soon.   
A H.
on 12/27/11 8:43 am
Revision on 02/09/12
You could check with my surgeon, I'm very happy with him as far as he's very skilled, was one of the lap band pioneers. Has all the credentials, extremely low complication rates. Nicest guy and makes you laugh. Not his fault the band failed me, i.e. it was placed well. ;) He is very experienced in the field and in revisions.

Going to be using him to revise to a sleeve and I trust him. He works out of St. Francis and Evergreen.  Centerforweightlosssurgery.com

Good luck!
gail *
on 1/8/12 9:27 am - Seattle, WA

I revised from lap band to DS with Dr. Srikanth.  He is highly respected and recommended for revision surgeries.

At the time of my revision I was 352,I'm currently 240, 80 lbs to goal!  NEver achieved this with the band.

Gail

Most Active