Woke up with a sleeve.....

kayjay50
on 12/10/11 10:35 am - Castle Rock, WA
My surgery was Wednesday. The doc said it was possible I would wake up with the sleeve, and I did. I guess I had to much scar tissue to safely do the bypass. Not really sure how I feel about it yet. I just hope I can lose as well with it. Taking things real slow, so far so good....
EverydayJoan
on 12/11/11 12:17 am - Yelm, WA
Hislady
on 12/11/11 7:57 am - Vancouver, WA
I would bet you do just great. I read the sleeve forum all the time (because I'd like to revise to that some day) and they seem to be a happy bunch. There are lots of success stories, I think if you stick to the high protein, low carb diet that most of them do you should be fine. Best of luck to you!!
kayjay50
on 12/11/11 12:47 pm - Castle Rock, WA

Thanks I hope so.....I will keep everyone informed.....

formerfluffy
on 12/14/11 2:36 am - WA
Hi,
I had a sleeve on June 29th of this year and have lost over 60 pounds so far.......and still losing!  I LOVE my sleeve.  I cant imagine having anything else. It is the easiest tool to work with as you will find.  It is just the thing I needed to help me curb my appetite.  I was hungry all the time before surgery, and now I NEVER get hungry!  I eat what I want when I want, just in very small portions!  You will love it when you dont have any other side effects to deal with!
Enjoy......and wishing you the very BEST!  You WILL DO IT!
Tina

Breeee
on 12/18/11 7:05 am - WA
Hi Tina,
Just curious, was your surgery done in Edmonds? If so, was there a reason you chose that dr? I am having mine with Dr Billings on Feb 2.
Thanks, Pam
free4l1fe
on 12/17/11 5:09 am - University Place, WA
REALIZE Band on 03/27/12
Would you guys with the sleeve let me know what insurance company you have? My current insurance won't cover it, but my husband's insurance is up for review in January so we have a few different companies to choose from. I hoping one of them will cover the sleeve.

Thanks for your help :)

And great job you guys!!!
A H.
on 12/27/11 8:49 am
Revision on 02/09/12
I have Empire BCBS (not microsoft) but not all of it depends on the the insurance company as much as what your employer chooses to cover. They can have WLS exclusions or not.  At least as far as the sleeve goes, BCBS does cover it for me revising from lap band (and as a first surgery, and there is no 1 WLS per lifetime limit like a lot of other insurance companies are now doing).  Dunno if that helps...

I think your chances of having coverage are better if you do not choose an HMO but that's just my experience. All of the PPOs I've had in WA actually even at different employers all covered WLS.

IssaquahMom578
on 12/21/11 9:41 am - WA
Hello. I had Lap-Band in 2005 and had it revised to a VSG in Aug. 2010. I've been very pleased with the Sleeve. It's definately a mental adjustment to get used to, but I've been pleased none the less. I have 2 daughters ages  7 and 2 and I often share my food 3 ways with them. If I am eating without them I normally order off a snack menu or get a kid's plate when they let me. I completely avoid buffets because that's a place of frustration. I honestly rarely think about my sleeve which is one reason I'm not losing weight. I am 100lbs down from my heaviest and have been here for about a year. While I still considered overweight I am content and happy not to have to deal with the issues the Lap-Band caused me.

Please just give it time. You need time to process having a surgery that you didn't expect. Time will make you more comfortable with the disappointment you may feel especially if you lose more weight than you expect with "just the sleeve".

I wish you the best and much success in the new year!!

Take care,
Carrie
kayjay50
on 12/31/11 4:02 am - Castle Rock, WA

Thanks everyone, I am now about 3 weeks out and doing well. I must say I feel like I could eat a lot more than I thought I would be able to. So far I am loving that I really have no hunger, just thoughts about eating. I still fear that I will not loose as well just hoping that it is just a fear. Sure is different than the band. I am not sure when i am full or not. I am afraid to over do it. So I stop usually when I think it should be enough. I am so curious as to what people eat on a daily basis. Would love to know what everyone eats in a typical day? Thanks again for the advise and support. Not sure how to update my ticker either, but I am down about 15 pounds since surgery so a total of 33 pounds since I started this journey.....

Most Active