Support group on Eastside?

A H.
on 12/6/11 5:06 am
Revision on 02/09/12
Anyone aware of any support groups on the EastSide? I am specifically hoping to connect with VSG patients, better yet Band-to-sleeve revisions.

Dr. Srikanth is my surgeon down south but I live in Duvall and work in Kirkland, I really hate the drive to Federal Way so I only made 2 support group meetings after being banded in 07. 
I would like to attend meetings somewhere but I have a toddler and making an hour plus drive just doesn't work for me.

Something in the Issaquah-Bellevue-Kirkland-Redmond-Lynnwood area would work..?
A H.
on 12/27/11 8:56 am
Revision on 02/09/12
Mkay, so there's apparently no support groups in the area, I guess I live in the land of the skinny and beautiful who don't need WLS! ;)

Maybe after I get my sleeve done (and am feeling normal again) I can organize a meetup in the north/ east king county area, would anyone be interested?

Amy P.
on 12/29/11 11:18 pm - Liberty Lake, WA

Hey there! When I first saw your post I thought 'yes...finally another person from Spokane' ~ but I guess you didn't mean THAT far east .

I hope you find a group closer to you. I am just about 9 months out and due to scheduling, I haven't been able to make it to any of the support groups here~but I do follow on OH and try to use this site to keep me focused.

Take care and happy new year!
Amy

HT 5'3"~HW 218~SW 208~GW 125

NextChapter14
on 1/5/12 1:51 am
I would be interested. I am waiting final approval for the sleeve. I live in Sammamish.    
A H.
on 1/5/12 4:20 am
Revision on 02/09/12
Sweet!  Hey well maybe we'll just start small and have to grow our group! I am also waiting my pre-certification but have a "dummy" surgery date of 1/17 for my revision to VSG. Thanks for responding. I am thinking maybe of organizing something for February. It would be nice to have a local group of us to support each other.
A H.
on 1/5/12 4:21 am
Revision on 02/09/12
P.S. Where/who you having your surgery with? Just curious. :)
NextChapter14
on 1/5/12 9:15 am
I am going with DR McMahon in Seattle. I would be up for any size group meeting.
Autumn Jensen
on 1/20/12 10:36 am - Lind, WA
RNY on 03/06/12
I thought the same as AmyP but nope. I'm in Lind.

healthylaurie
on 4/3/12 9:49 am - Seattle, WA
VSG on 04/13/12
There's a weight loss surgery support group at Overlake Hospital that meets twice a month. They meet once a month on Saturday and once a month on Thursday. The next two meetings are: Thursday, April 12 from 6-8 pm in the PACCAR Ed Center, Insight Room. Saturday April 28 from 10 am to noon, in the same place as Thursday.
ordinarybeauty
on 5/9/12 1:35 am
VSG on 09/27/12
Just to reiterate what healthy laurie said, the wieght loss support group at Overlake Hospital is the best! You do not have to have had your surgery there or to have had surgery at all. It is facilitated by a very skilled social worker and nutritionist. There are anywhere from 20 to 30 folks at the meetings and everyone is real, funny and welcoming. The nest meeting is tomorrow at the Paccar Conference Center at Overlake from 6 to 8 pm. I always look forward to going and will be there tomorrw night.
Most Active