Help me w/ protein supplement please!

k__
on 9/13/11 9:39 am - Bellevue, WA
DS on 08/06/15
Okay. Starting to get worried about finding a protein drink I can handle. Thought the Isopure Protein Water was going to be the solution, but I tried it today (grape) and it's not going to happen.

I'm getting sleeved in Mexico next week so want to be all set before then. Any recommendations? Also, should I be concerned with constipation while on the liquid diet? I've used Miralax successfully in the past, so will plan to do that again if necessary.

Please help w/protein problem (what worked for you, where did you get it)!!!

Thanks,

Karen
Hislady
on 9/14/11 11:26 am - Vancouver, WA
All I can say is don't expect to love your protein drink cause I doubt that will ever happen. I did the Isopure ready to drink as it was the least offensive to my taste buds but I can't say I liked it. I never found one I liked, I just started eating pureed lentil soup and any other soup I could puree and water down. I've heard since then that Synthrax makes a good drink or Click also has one that is pretty popular. I would think both websites would offer taster offers. Good luck!
Tirzah2011
on 9/16/11 3:27 pm
Hi Karen!  I'm having RNY with Dr. Aveves on Oct. 11.  Since you've posted this on the Washington board I'm assuming you're in WA too?  I'm up in the NW corner.  I don't  have any advice about the protein, I've just ordered some for myself but haven't gotten it yet.  I do hope you will share your experience with me. 

Blessings!
eunicemaythompson1

on 9/28/11 12:45 am - WA
Karen, I just had surgery on Sept ^th with Dr. Lauter at Overlake hospital in Bellvue. i use the recipe in the before and after book. i just doctor with my fav fruits. good luck
k__
on 10/1/11 2:38 pm - Bellevue, WA
DS on 08/06/15
A couple days after this post, I got an email from Aceves' office saying not to worry too much about the protein just yet if I'm having trouble.  So I stopped trying, knowing that when I get to full liquids (Monday), I had already tried and liked the Premier Protein shakes I bought at Costco, so I'll have a foothold then.

In the meantime, I've been downing lots and lots of homemade chicken and turkey broth.  Granted, I'm sure I'm nowhere near the 70 grams indicated, but I know that I'm likely getting in at least 20 due to it being homemade and the quantity I drink each day.

From there, I may try adding some of the unflavored Unjury powder to the cream soups I experiment with. So we'll see.  I am determined to find some combination that works once this clear liquid phase is finished.

Karen
Most Active