Moving to Spokane

sallyj
on 8/24/11 11:50 pm - Spokane, WA
I will be moving to Spokane in mid-Sept. and am looking for a support group.  Anyone here attend one?  Any information is appreciated.  I had the RNY six years ago.

Thanks,
EricW
on 8/29/11 3:21 am, edited 8/29/11 3:27 am - Kettle Falls, WA
I know there is a good one (or two) in Spokane though I have not been there myself.  A quick call to the Rockwood Clinic should get ya hooked up.  The lady that runs the meetings is a WLS patient and I have head good things abut her.  I want to say her name is Barbara, but I want to say my Moms name is Helen, and thats not right either.  Take it for what its worth, I'm mental.  lol. 

I am a couple hours north of Spokane but know the area well if you have any other questions that I can answer a little bit of but not for sure.  No, really, I don't mind.  Good luck.  EW

Edit:

Did a quick Spokane search and found this from a few years ago.  Might be a place to start.

Hi There!!  I am not the best one to give directions..Being a retired school bus driver.. I pretty much go by land marks.
  It is  a t the Rockwood Clinic  Beariatric Center.. but not at the Rockwood Clinic on 5th.. I tell people it is in the parking garage at Sacred Heart Hospital.  After you park come up on the elevator to Level 7.  The room # is  770. We meet at 6:00 the 3rd Thursday of every month.  If you aren't there by 5:45 you aren't going to find a place to sit.  It is very well attended.  On that nite only they validate parking.
  In January they will begin to have 2 different meetings a month.. and at a different site.
 Please feel welcome.  We would be glad to se you and welcome any input you may have.
 I do know there is also a group at Holy Family.. but I don't any information onn that one.
  Good luck to you.  Alice
sallyj
on 8/29/11 4:11 am - Spokane, WA
Thank you, I will definitely look into the Rockwood clinic.
Most Active