new to the forum

blondierebel
on 7/30/11 12:41 pm

It has been many years since I have been to the site... and I am back on now because I have been diagnosed with intussusception after they RNY Bypass I had 10 years ago.

Anyone had to have surgery to resolve?

I also need to get back on track and loose the weight I have put back on over the years...

I have heard there is a support group that meets at Auburn RMC 3rd Thursdays of the month. 

Are there any other support groups out there?

I could use some WLS buddies to get me back in the groove! 

Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass

Amy R.
on 7/30/11 1:18 pm
Hi!  And welcome back!  =)

I don't know anything about the intussusception (other than that it sounds like no fun at all) - you might try posting about it on the RnY Forum or even the Main Board though because there are periodic posts about it on those boards so I know there are folks that are familiar with the whole thing out there.

As far as getting back on track, have you looked at the Back on Track Together Forum?  I'm not sure how active it is right now but I know it has helped several people.  Here is the link:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/backontracktogether/

I know of there is a South Sound Support Group through OH that meets regularly, I've been meaning to go but never been able to get out there, but it's supposed to be great.  The link for that is:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/SPS/

Vitalady (Michele Curran) also has support group meetings - you'd need to call them and get their schedule though because I don't have it anymore.

Anywho, hope some of this helps.  Best of luck to you on your continuing journey.=)
blondierebel
on 8/2/11 8:09 am
Thank you for all the awesome recommendations :)

I will definately need to do a local support group!

Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 7/31/11 8:23 am
 I'd also go ask on the complications board. There are many there that have "been there, done that" who are helpful.
Most Active