Does anyone know what happened to Dr. Oh?

free4l1fe
on 12/15/11 9:22 am - University Place, WA
REALIZE Band on 03/27/12
Hello,

I had the same thing happen to me, but with Dr. Harrai in the same office. Now I am with Srikanth and he seems wonderful. I had my surgery scheduled for Dec. 29th but cancelled it today because my insurance will only cover the band and the bypass. I REALLLLYY want to get the sleeve, so I am going to try to appeal my insurance denial for it. If that doesn't work then I will do the RNY. I see its been a few months since your surgery. How do you feel now? I'm so scared of the bypass because it is so extensive.
Is there anything that you know now that you wish you would have known before the surgery?

Massagelady
on 12/15/11 10:26 am
 I don't know what is going on at that office, but I am sure glad I didn't get my surgery there.  Dr. Srikanth is sooo much better!  I've had nothing but good interactions with his staff as well.

I've had the RNY and it has been great!  I can't say that I wished I'd known anything before hand.  I've been blessed that I've not had any issues or complications. I'm totally glad I had the surgery!  I'm down 50 pounds and have about 35 to go.  I feel great!  

I wouldn't be afraid of the RNY if it comes down to you having to have that versus nothing at all.
Good Luck!!
Rochelle E.
on 11/30/11 6:11 am - WA
I was in the office on Monday 11/28 and was informed that Dr Harai has resigned.  I am shocked.  Now the office only has Kimberly Smits and no surgeon.  There must be something going on with the St Francis network for both surgeons to leave back to back.  I accepted that Dr Oh retired but Dr Harai quit. 

What is going on?? 
KelleeMatlock
on 12/3/11 2:46 pm - Tacoma, WA
Have you been able to find any info about what happened? Cause that is really odd for FHS!
pixie98208
on 6/7/13 10:08 am

Dr. Oh left for medical reasons and Dr. Harai moved out of state.

A H.
on 12/27/11 8:53 am
Revision on 02/09/12
That is weird that both Drs left! I remember Dr. Oh, he was my other choice.. ended up choosing dr. S. I guess I am glad I did for many reasons, I wonder if that is why he's practicing more and more at Evergreen (which suits me great).

Next time I meet with Dr. S. i'll see if I can get any dirt. ;)
Michelle W.
on 10/25/12 3:27 pm - WA

There is so much more to this story you guys! Retirement, medical issues, family concerns...all may be an "after thought"! But if you look up Dr Oh licensure on the Washington state websites- you will see that his license has been under review. One of which involves a wrongful death case.  He may be knowledgeable, but from my own personal experience there were a LOT of things that the office lacked- education pre and post op being just the tip of the iceberg!!!!!!

pixie98208
on 6/7/13 10:11 am

He saved my life. Not just with the bariatric surgery. I ended up with bowel obstruction and almost died. He was fantastic. The staff treated me great.

PinkFlamingoes
on 7/10/13 1:44 pm - Buckley, WA

I had my surgery by Dr. Oh almost 7 years ago & I found the pre-op education very thorough . Not to mention psych evals , etc.... The only thing they lacked was a fancy office . Dr. Oh's bedside manner was not good , but he was an excellent surgeon . I investigated him & a lot of other doctors before I decided on a surgeon . My only regret is that I can't take ibuprofen . I have arthritis & get terrible migraines & I miss my ibuprofen .

elenap
on 7/18/13 11:34 am

Dr Oh assisted with both my surgeries 18 years ago. When I nearly died from complications after my second surgery, he helped get me through the crisis.

I am sorry to hear that he has retired, even though I know many, if not most surgeons retire relatively young - the schedule is very physically demanding. I wish him the best, and hope he finds fulfilling things to do in retirement.

Elena

Most Active