Does anyone know what happened to Dr. Oh?

4meonly
on 7/27/11 1:24 am - WA
I recieved a letter from St. Francis saying that Dr. Oh has retired.  Does anyone know what happened?  I used him for one of my surgeries.  Thank you for any info.
Kattin
on 7/29/11 12:40 am - WA
Hi!
I was told that he wanted to spend more time with his family. Being a surgeon takes you away from any "normal" family lifestyle as you're always busy. He is a great surgeon & person!!
He will probably do some things at office & hospital now & than knowing Drs. as I do.
Dr. Harai is also great & will do well taking over.
Take care,
Kathy
Kathy
Proximal Rny Mar. 8th 2007 Dr Oh
Pre Surg. 239,lowest 135 current 162 ,goal 145
5ft 2 in 

PinkFlamingoes
on 8/21/11 8:40 am - Buckley, WA
I was shocked to hear about his retirement . I heard from a friend . I haven't gotten a letter .

vitalady
on 8/22/11 2:02 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Neither did I. I mean, I was very clear with him that since he's 2 years younger than me, he could NOT retire until Don and I die. I see it was one of those times when he wasn't listening!

That's what happens when I got out of town isn't it?

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

PinkFlamingoes
on 8/23/11 12:18 pm - Buckley, WA
I know ... And you have a very long history with him . I last went in a year ago . I didn't see him , I saw his PA . What a surprise !

vitalady
on 8/23/11 1:21 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Only since 1993. I saw him in Dec. He was not very happy about several things. At least he wasn't mad at me. He wasn't' specific, but his face gives away the game.

I reminded him that he could not retire because he would always be 2 years younger than me, and that would not be right. He seemed to think that was oh so funny.

I knew I shoulda kept his home # when I had it!

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

PinkFlamingoes
on 8/23/11 1:49 pm, edited 8/23/11 1:49 pm - Buckley, WA

Yeah , Dr. Oh doesn't hide his feelings well . @ my 1st meeting with him after my initial consultation I had gained 2 pounds (which could have been water) . He asked me sternly if I thought I could handle his pre-requisites ? I said yes . I never got that reaction again , thank goodness . The night I had my surgery (8 PM) I told him "Dr. Oh , I lost 30 pounds". I was required to lose 20 . He said " Good , now you don't need surgery ". & he laughed . Lol . I wonder if he was unhappy with the Franciscan network ? Things really changed alot after they joined that .

Massagelady
on 9/2/11 2:56 pm
 I started with Dr. Oh almost a year ago.  I was so disappointed with his staff, who made multiple mistakes regarding my insurance I wasn't sure if I was ever going to get my bypass.  I finally had it scheduled with Dr. Oh on July 15.  But that was not to  be, he quit on the 13th and they canceled my surgery!  Talk about being very Peeved!  I ended up switching to Dr. Srikanth and was so happy with him and his staff!!  The all Rock! 

I am 15 days out from surgery and doing well!!!     

sniffles722002
on 9/5/11 2:49 pm - Puyallup, WA
I was told that Dr Oh retired for medical reasons.  Apparently he has a bad back. 
pixie98208
on 6/7/13 10:06 am

I was also told it was for medical reasons. He was looking to well the last several times I saw him. He was a great surgson.

Most Active