New to Washington forum

Songcatcher
on 7/20/11 6:47 pm
Hi all!  I have been on the VSG board for about 3 months because I didn't know there was a Washington forum.  I am about 3 months into my 6 mos required wl diet with pcp which is the only requirement by my husbands insurance (First Choice Health Federal GEHA).  I am having the VSG and have already completed most of my surgeon's requirements.  I still have my sleep study and Cardiology clearance as well as some special blood tests (to test for clotting of blood, and dna mutation etc).  Then of course I have all the pre-op blood tests, chest x-ray, ekg etc.  I have lost no weight, I'm type 2 diabetic on insulin and kind of freaking out because I am afraid I can't lose the pre-op weight loss requirement (26 pounds) due to the fact that I have liver problems and he wants that cleaned out before he does a lap vsg.  My surgeon is Joseph Chebli, and he is very thorough.  I am going to start going to a support group and I think there is one really close to my house in Parkland but need to verify if it still exists.  Please feel free to friend me.  I am 55 years old.

Susan O.
on 7/21/11 10:29 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Hi! Please see my post titled "Monday, July 25th" , and I also PM'd you info about the Parkland support group "Thru Thick N' Thin. We are looking forward to meeting you!

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

Most Active