New to the site

Doey
on 7/15/11 12:18 pm - Puyallup, WA
I am fairly new to the site, but have been going to support groups for about 4 months now. I just got my surgery date Aug. 26th 2011. I have some questions that I have had people tell me that I can not do anymore.
I was told I can never drink from a straw again; why is this?
I would like to find some other people from my area that are going through this or have gone through it to meet and spend time with. As all my family lives in CA.
Doey

Heleena33
on 7/16/11 11:58 am - Custer, WA

Hi
Helen here!
I just had vsg July 11th.
The straw causes air in the stomach which takes up valuable space when you consider your tummy will be about the size of your middle finger!!

Where is it you live in WA?
I am in Custer, up by the Blaine border!

I am doing great and find it was not as hard as quite a few other
surgeries I have had in the past!

you can also go to the forums for the type surgery you are having to find more people to enjoy and befriend!!

Have a great evening!
Helen

JULY 11, 2011 MY New Live Began    HW 295   SURG WT 266   GOAL 145
My ticker represents lbs lost from time of surgery .....after liquid IV's were gone!      

Doey
on 7/16/11 1:39 pm - Puyallup, WA
I live in Puyallup. Thank You I will try that also and thank you for the answer to my question.
Doey

vitalady
on 8/22/11 2:06 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
We have support groups in Puyallup. 2 per month. I'm nearly 17 years out, my husband is 16.

I travel in the summer to the ASMBS conferences and should have been home for the August meetings, but we had a major breakdown, so am in Omaha. I'd BETTER be home for the Sept meetings! Fortunately, we attend groups around the country as we travel, so we're not without support.

Some ppl without altered guts believe we get too much air with a straw. Others believe we get LESS with a straw because we are drinking from the bottom of the glass. I prefer a straw with some things, others I prefer straight. If I get air, I'll burp. Pretty simple, huh?

our groups are near South Hill the next pair will be Sept 13 and 14, 7pm

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Most Active