DONT GO TO UW!!!

mydi4u
on 7/9/11 11:19 am - federal way , WA
 I would first like to say I have nothing against Dr. Dillenger for he is an EXCELLENT Doctor!! That being said I would reconsider going to UW for any surgery or procedure. My gastric bypass was on february 23 and I had a complication taking me back into surgery 2 days later. When I left the ICU to the regular surgical floor ( was there for 2 weeks) I had the worst experiance ever!! First my "s called" Nurse didn't know how to put an IV in! (good thing I was a medic for 3 years and I know how to put an IV in my own arm)  then she crushed my pill and just shoved it in my dry mouth attaching the pill to every dry spot on my tounge adding Jello like that would help wash that nasty taste down. Oh and don't let me mention how when I was in agonizing pain how they ignored my nurse call button after they told me there was nothing they could do and shut the door leaving me for dead for an hour and a half cuz my family left to go change and take showers.  When my family came back and I told them they acted like they never got the call alert from pushing the button, turns out I went back into surgery that same day! To top it off I asked for help in taking a shower and they send in a MALE nurse to help me!! I was pissed and refused his SERVICES!!! 

So now its been like 5 months since my surgery had my gastric tube removed a few months a go but at the G tube site it been hurting so at my last visit they was going to watch it. Well about a week or two ago it started getting really sore and red. in the last two days a golf ball like mass formed underneath and a blister like poped up where my wound is stil healing. It HURTS BAD!!! So I go to the E.R. wait 5 hours in the waiting room to be put back into a room where they put an IV in and have me wait another hour before the doctor come in. He try's to order an ULTRASOUND. I told him hell no, there not pushing on this mass. So he changes it to a CT scan and gives me morphine. another hour pass and I ask when I was going to CT and they tell me I'm next to go another hour passes and still noone comes in my room so I'm fed up!! 3 hours sitting in a room and only an IV and some drugs, can't even get a blanket to keep me warm!! I call the nurse in and let her know I'm going to leave because its obvious they don't want e there. She tells me okay and pulls my Iv out and tells me to go ahead and go home. I didn't even sign a AMA form. So not only did I get morphine but I drive home off it and that was fine with UW medical center. 

I've worked in the medical field for 9 years 3 as an ER trauma medic and I totally understand the waiting process in an E.R. but what was really weird to me is that there was no ambulances in the 5 hours I waited in the waiting room that brought in any patients. Two ambulances transfered patients out and I only saw 2 people being discharged leave??? It was like there was no flow. People were waiting in the waiting area for over 5 hours. They even had another weight loss surgery patient who they were sending home because her surgeon was out of town. Her lap band was coming out of her skin. She had an open wound!! I saw this and they said they didn;t want to mess with it and they will let her surgeon deal with it when he returns. How do you send someone home when there band causes an open wound and you can see it coming out???  I refuse to get any treatment from UW. I will continue to see dr. dillanger because he is an awsome doctor but I will let him now I refuse to be treated  at UW by any other doctor or nurse staff!!! 
Billie Jo C.
on 7/17/11 4:46 am - Spokane, WA
OMG! Talk about last minute horror stories.  I'm scheduled for surgery on the 19th of July in only 2 days. I thought I would come post my excitement but, OH no, I'm sorry that has happen to you.
Doey
on 7/17/11 2:24 pm - Puyallup, WA
Congratulations and good luck on your surgery. I am sure you will be fine, I have had many surgeries there over the years and never had an experience like this one.
Doey

morgansmommy
on 7/25/11 1:56 pm - Gig Harbor, WA
Hope your surgery went well! I had a hernia repair and extended tummy tuck in October of 2009 and had the best surgical experience of my life!
Mary

Original Poster- I work in a large hospital and it breaks my heart to hear these horro stories no matter where they happen. So sorry for your troubles and hope you are healing well.
Mary
PinkFlamingoes
on 8/21/11 8:50 am - Buckley, WA
I am so shocked to hear about your horrible treament . I had my Tummy Tuck done there through the residents program & couldn't have asked for better care . I did end up spending the night & they were very attentive . I haven't ever gone through their ER . It was irresponsiple for them to let you go after having Morphine . Wow ! I hope you wrote a complaint .

Most Active