Madigan Pathways

turtlebutt825
on 6/27/11 1:36 am - WA
I completed my pathways last week and I am just waiting for Lakisha to call me and let me know when, and if, I can schedule my pre op appointment.

I was just wondering how long you had to wait to get your surgery at this point, and typically how long does it take for you to hear back from Health Outcomes? Lakisha doesn't typically answer her phone, and I think she is going on vacation next week. I'm so excited to get my surgery!!
Thanks in advance!
Sarah
Susan O.
on 6/28/11 12:41 pm - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
HI Sarah!
  Keep Breathing! I know the weight (HA!) seems long, but use this time to continue educating yourself about all things bariatric, particularily your nutritional needs post-op.  I celebrated my 4 year surgiversary on Monday, 6/27, and know that every minute seems like forever, but you are in this for the long haul, and you WILL get your surgery and achieve success!
  I hope you are attending the OH conference "Fabulous in Seattle" July 15-16 at the Hyatt Regency in Bellevue. You will receive so much info, and so many positives, it will really be worth your while. If you can only attend on Sat,, it's okay, as most of the events are held that day. Click on Community at the top of the page, then events, and follow the links. Note the discount code at the end of this post! Grab a friend or two - or six, and come have a blast! The discounted room rate is available until June 30th, or feel free to drive up for the day - (although you'll want to stay for Sat, night too! )
  What type of surgery are you planning on having?
Hope to see you in Bellevue!

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

turtlebutt825
on 6/29/11 7:23 am - WA
I am not sure we'll be able to afford for me to go to the seminar, but I would really like to go.
I'm planning on having Roux-en-y Gastric Bypass.
What surgery did you have?

Susan O.
on 6/29/11 9:12 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with

I had the RNY also, and am so glad I did! Aside from a little dumping in the beginning, I have had no problems.
  Regarding the conference, if you just drive up for the day on Sat., it will be $45.00  (with the discount code) and whatever your gas costs you. The price includes the seminar, a t-shirt and lunch, plus you will get lots of free samples from the vendors too! If you can swing it, it will be worth your time and money!

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

netta
on 7/3/11 12:55 pm
hello,there is a patient led support group on Ft Lewis,across from Waller Hall,we meet on Thursdays 5-7 pm,we have been there for 3 years,if you need support and questions answered please come,we help before as well as atfer these surgeries,there is so much to learn,that the pathway people cant teach you,and the Green Book is false in its teachings. come to our group,my name is Redd and I will be happy to talk to you,also your support person can come,I have fliers at the Gerenal Surgery office about this group,with my phone number on it,
Please come
Redd
Most Active