New South End Support Group

wdp1015
on 6/15/11 2:45 pm

Hi everyone,

I am eager to tell you that with the support of Puget Sound Surgical Center  and Pacific Nutrition and Wellness, I will be starting up a support group in the south sound area and would be thrilled if you came to check out a meeting.  Everyone is welcome at this support group, no matter what type of WLS you have had, or where you have had it.  My focus is simply getting people together for support, inspiration, and on occasion, events.  I already attend a great meeting at the end of every month, but I am finding the importance of being able to attend more than 1 meeting a month.

I will be holding the meeting on the second Monday of every month from 6:00-8:00pm.  I am flexible and willing to adjust the hours to what works best with the rest of the group.  I am planning on finding a meeting place in the Tacoma, Fife, Federal Way or, Auburn area.    I would like to have the first meeting on Monday  July 11th, from 6:00-8:00pm.   I will need to get an idea of who is interested, as this will impact where the meeting will take place. 

I have quite a few topics, fun event ideas, and a name the group contest. I can’t wait to get started. If this is something that interests you, feel free to contact me by email, or through OH. I am looking forward to meeting all of you.

Wendy

[email protected]

KelleeMatlock
on 6/25/11 3:49 am - Tacoma, WA
Hello Wendy,

I am Kellee Matlock and I am new here and I am still going thru the pre-tests, and I would love to attend a meeting! I live here in Tacoma. It sounds like you have it worked out very well!
Kellee.
dawneb
on 7/1/11 1:18 am - Pacific, WA
If you end up having it in the federal way or auburn area I would love to come! I attend a support group already but they meet on days that never seem to work out for me. Mondays would be great!

Songcatcher
on 7/20/11 6:02 pm
I am in Tacoma also and still in the pre-op stage.  My surgeon is in Seattle but I have been looking for a support group in my area. 

Stacey L.
on 7/24/11 11:39 pm - WA
RNY on 03/19/07 with
Hi Wendy, I would be interested in attending your group.
Has it started already?
Stacey
[email protected]
4meonly
on 7/27/11 1:20 am - WA
I am 3 years out from a lapband to sleeve revision.  My lapband was done 4+ years ago by Dr. Oh.  I live in the Auburn area and would love to join a support group near me.  Let me know details.
Thank you.  Cheryl
free4l1fe
on 12/17/11 5:18 am - University Place, WA
REALIZE Band on 03/27/12
Hi Wendy,

Are you still doing the support group? I live in University Place (near Tacoma) and would love to come to a support meeting.

Thanks,
Theresa
Most Active