New here and need an Angel please.

KelleeMatlock
on 6/8/11 10:46 am - Tacoma, WA
Hello,
     I am Kellee and I'm new to the site.
I meet with the surgeon on Monday the 13th. I am soo excited, I will be going to the University of Washington for my work.
I have so many questions.
Susan O.
on 6/8/11 11:20 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
HI Kellee!
 Congratulations on your decision to have bariatric surgery! I will be happy to answer as many questions as I can, and so will others. Please message me directly and I will try to reply as soon as possible. Life sometimes keeps me away from the computer for a few days.
   Please join a support group if you are not in one yet. There are several in the area, meeting at different times & days, and I suggest you try them all! The more support you can get, the better. 
   You will be warmly welcomed at our group in Parkland, "Thru Thick N' Thin". Please click on the obesityhelp groups/ttnt link under my signature for more information. 
   Make sure you take a list of questions for the surgeons, and don't let them talk you into a different surgery than you want! 
Talk to you soon!

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

KelleeMatlock
on 6/8/11 3:22 pm - Tacoma, WA
Thank you so much Susan.
I have a wonderful support group at home and on the internet, but will try one time to make it to the Thru Thick N Thin group meeting.
I see the surgeon for the first time on monday,I'm so excited! Most of my questions have answered already by my friends online. If I have more I will let you know.
Again thank you.
Kellee.
Susan O.
on 6/9/11 12:27 pm - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Glad to hear you have so much support!  Best of luck to you on Monday!

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

Heleena33
on 6/12/11 2:03 pm - Custer, WA
Hello Kellee,
I am new here too and have to make a call to my ins co in the am to see if Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield will cover the VSG then I can move on hopefully to get it asap.
It is so exciting to me to see this opportunity to make a permanent change!!

Nice meeting you!!
I live in Custer, WA
KelleeMatlock
on 6/12/11 5:20 pm - Tacoma, WA
Heleena,
    I am so very pleased to meet you!
Wow, I was looking into the sleeve but my insurance doesn't cover it so I am going with  the bypass, I think that will be better for me in the long run.
I see the surgeon at the University of washington today at 2:45 and I am so excited! I know I still have a lot to do to get to the surgery part. Have you been to any of the seminars? I am on Medicare so I have to go to the UW,  and that's fine with me, they are experts at this! I have been reading everything that I can and my friend had the bypass as well and I have been grilling her! LOL. Let me know how your call goes, I will check back here in the morning and I will let you know what happens at the UW!
Kellee
KelleeMatlock
on 6/12/11 5:22 pm - Tacoma, WA
P.S.
I live in Tacoma!
Heleena33
on 6/13/11 3:40 am - Custer, WA
Hi Again Kellee
How did you decide to go to University Hospital?
How are u getting Medicade to pay for it?
I can get covered my insurance  after jumping through hoops!!
The thing I hate is the 6 months of dr monitoring.
I wish I had the 16000. to get it!  I would pay right away and git-er-done! ha ha
I guess we all so what we have to!!
I am excited to hear more from you on your progress!
Helen
KelleeMatlock
on 6/13/11 11:08 am - Tacoma, WA
I am on Medicare cause I had double hip replacement in 2009.
Medicare covers the surgery but only at the University of Washington in Seattle.
My next appt. is in July and I will see the dietition and soccial worker and get my blood work then and it looks like August for surgery, oh and I have to have a sleep study at Harborview  hospital in Seattle as well.
It has been a very good day for me! I'm sorry that you have to have the 6 month wait but it may work out better for you that way, if you drop the weight on your own it is much better!
Kellee.
gymmom33
on 6/13/11 11:35 pm - Edgewood, WA
 Hi Kellee~
My name is Diane and live in the Edgewood/Milton area. I had the VSG surgery last November and am doing great. What surgery are you planning to have? If you said, I didnt catch it. Hope all is going well with your appts and August will be here before you know it and you'll be on your way to your goal!!! Im still a work in progress but keep plugging away at my goal day by day. I had quite a bit to lose so it will take me awhile. Keep in touch and keep us posted on your progress!! Friend me if you want and let me know if you have any questions!!

HW 367 Start of liquid diet 342  SW 325  CW 199 GW 160
    Diane
Most Active