I'm a newbie, Yet so excited! I just got my first consultation date!

RedElf23
on 6/1/11 5:24 pm - Port Angeles, WA
Hello everyone!  I am so excited!  My first consultation date is set for June 17th with Dr. David Lauter and I can't wait.  Tracy in the office said surgery is usually scheduled within about a month after the first consultation but I am supposed to be going to Deleware on Aug. 9 for six weeks.  Should I try to do my surgery before I go or wait until I get back.  I am thinking wait until I get back due to all of the post-op appointments.  Just wanted to get your opinions too since you all always give such good advice.  Thank you for your time!

Deanna

"Don't give up on anything that you can't go a day without thinking about."    

Deanna

Hislady
on 6/2/11 4:04 am - Vancouver, WA
Oh you are so lucky to live in PA it's one of the most gorgeous places in the world! I used to have lots of relatives there and always loved visiting! Kind of depends on what type of surgery you are having as to whether to do it before or after the trip. Myself I would go with after just in case you have any issue afterwards. Good luck!
RedElf23
on 6/2/11 4:18 am, edited 6/2/11 4:21 am - Port Angeles, WA
Thank you! I haven't decided which surgery actually...I want the sleeve but my insurance doesn't cover it unless you meet certain conditions and I don't know what conditions they are until I meet with the doctor. If I can't get the sleeve then I will get the RNY. Anyway thank you for taking the time to write back to me!

Deanna

Deanna

Hislady
on 6/2/11 9:09 am - Vancouver, WA
I hope you can get the sleeeve it seems to be a very good and successful surgery. If they do deny you try appealing it because there are quite a few people on the sleeve board who have appealed and won so it's worth the fight. Does your insurance require a 6 or 12 month medically supervised diet? Alot of them do which slows things down but it's still worth the wait and helps you practice new eating styles for your surgery. Best of luck to you and feel free to post any other questions, there are some very smart folks here. I'd also advise reading the RNY and sleeve forums as you can learn alot just from what others post.
RedElf23
on 6/2/11 11:02 am - Port Angeles, WA
Hello again!  I thought they had a 6 month requisite but found out recently that they don't have any.  I have been reading the sleeve and RNY message boards like crazy! lol  Just trying to soak it all in.  I have saved, in my favorites, every website that was recommended by the people on the boards.  They have been so helpful!  I just
cannot wait to start my new life.  Oh, and about living in PA, you are right it is beautiful here!  I love it.  I am originally from MD and I thought I wanted to move back but last time I visited it was such a madhouse of people and traffic...it was just crazy, that I decided that there was no place like home, in PA!!

Deanna

Deanna

Most Active