Need help finding a doctor

Dawn S.
on 5/12/11 7:48 am - Oak Harbor, WA
I am looking for a new bariatric surgeon who is taking on patients who have already had weight loss surgery with another provider.  My Doctor closed his practice several months after my surgery and have never seen any other weight loss doc.  I am now having some problems that no one can figure out and have been advised I need to see a bariatric surgeon.  My insurance "Tricare" gave me the name of one doctor but he does not accept other doctors patients and so now it is up to me to find another provider to change to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Katie M.
on 5/13/11 3:05 am - WA
Hi Dawn - I am a patient and also work for Puget Sound Surgical Center. We have even done revisions on Dr. Weber's previous patients, as well as many others...

Unfortuantely at this time we are not contracted with TriCare - not sure if they provide any 'out of network' benefits on their plans - so you may want to check that!

I highly suggest seeing Dr. Rob Landerholm or Dr. Peter Billing

Take a look - www.pugetsoundsurgicalcenter.com or just call 425.778.2220 and ask for Karen Dodge, our patient facilitator who has a revision herself!

Hang in there - I know it is hard enough making this decision the 1st time - let alone again...

Katie
[email protected]
Amy R.
on 5/14/11 8:47 pm, edited 5/14/11 8:52 pm
I don't know if my surgeon, Dr. Srikanth, takes other docs patients but he might, especially in a situation like yours. All I can attest to for a fact is that he is EXCELLENT and so is his other practitioner, Tina (I think she is an NP). I am not an "easy" patient on many levels due to significant health problems and they have been just AWESOME, even calling me at home to either answer questions or just randomly check in on me. (And,I'm talking about Dr. Srikanth himself calling me at home, several times, not just his office staff.)

Don't know anything about insurance, but it would sure be worth giving them at call at 253-815-7774. As you can prob tell, I love these guys and feel so fortunate to have ended up with them!

Good luck with your issues, regardless of you who go with.

ETA: They are also a Bariatric Center for Excellence, or whatever it's called (I understand that doesn't necessarily mean anything, but to me it's nice to know they jumped through all the extra hoops to get that designation). Their website is www.centerforweightlosssurgery. com

LittleMissSunshine
on 5/30/11 12:54 pm
I don't know if he takes on patients who've worked with other doctors or if TriCare is one of the providers he accepts, but i can't say enough about Dr. Joseph Chebli... his practice is Northwest Obesity Surgery.

Good luck with whomever you go with!

Blog | Join me on HealthyWage | Friend me on MyFitnessPal

Most Active