2 Years of waiting...

Billie Jo C.
on 5/4/11 11:43 am - Spokane, WA
So after 2 years of trying to get my surgery approved, it finally happened....
I have a date set for July 19Th.

I thought I would be jumping for joy. I should be jumping for joy! But I truly feel guilty that I'm not as happy as I thought I would be....

I'm thinking its due to the fact that, I have been through so much over the last 2 years, Its seems like this whole process has sucked the wind out of my sails, and left me more thankful that its all over more then happy that its truly happening.

I am however happy that I did not give up. I went thought the courts, broke the piggy bank and got 86'ed from Kinko's for cursing out the copy machine. I just feel like this approval and surgery date can be taken away at any point and there won't be anything I can do about it (insurance drama).

I'm just hoping that when the date gets closer I'll be more excited....

So that was a short update on me. I hope everyone is well and praying for more sunshine in Spokane. WE sooooo need more sunshine....Peace

-Billie Jo 
MissKasey
on 5/13/11 11:23 pm - Bothell, WA
I fully understand! I was denied and had to wait an additional three years before I found a job where the insurance covered it. I was very lucky.

The one thing I had to do before the insurance drama was to take a step back and remember why I was doing this in the first place...and those reasons had nothing to do with insurance.

I wish only the best for you on your journey!

~ Kasey
LisaAnn
on 5/26/11 8:36 am - WA

Congratulations!!! It sounds like you have been through the ringer!!! I am glad persistence paid off!!!!

I bet once the date gets closer, you will be thrilled!!!!!!!! 

Lisa

229 / 148/ 135
Open DS Surgery with Dr. Martin @ Madigan 
Revision from 2006 - VBG
Hernia repair and tummy tuck - 05/12/2010

(deactivated member)
on 7/10/11 9:41 am - TX
LisaAnn,

Would you please PM me, I tried to PM you but your profile is private I think.  I am in contact with Dr. Martin at Madigan and I will be having DS surgery in the next few months.  I wanted to pick your brain about your stay at Ft. Lewis that you mentioned in an archvied post from last year.  I hate to ask Dr. Martin questions unless they are sugery related, if you know what I mean!

thanks,
Kristi
Most Active