Hi all.

carriemeaway
on 4/25/11 9:51 am - Spanaway, WA
Hi everyone! I am scheduled to have my surgery on Wednesday at Madigan. My surgeon is Dr. Martin and I am having the duodenal switch. I'm nervous and excited and happy to have found this message board for Washington folks. It's comforting knowing that there are people nearby who have gone through the same sort of things.

I hope to get to know some of you and maybe get to meet some of you at support groups, etc.
Carrie
HW     -   SW    -    CW     -  GW
361  357  237 

jcheryld
on 4/26/11 11:41 pm
Congrats on your surgery today! Wishing the best for you today
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker  

Hit goal 10/31/09!  RNY!!!

Amy R.
on 4/27/11 7:36 pm
Hope your surgery was successful yesterday - sorry I didn't catch this until now.

Welcome to OH! It would be great to meet you sometime IRL (after you recover from your big owie, of course).

Take care of yourself and heal soon! =)
1Blessed4life
on 5/26/11 12:07 pm
Carrie, How did your surgery go & how are you doing now?
I had the DS surgery with Dr. Martin Jan 22, 2010.

View Full Size ImageView Full Size ImageView Full Size Image 
 HW: 260 / SW: 254 / CW: 140 on 01/15/13 Orig GW: 150             ~Jeremiah 29:11  

carriemeaway
on 5/26/11 12:17 pm - Spanaway, WA
I am doing great. I just reached 4 weeks post-op yesterday and I made it to 30 lbs lost since surgery. I have soooooo much energy than I did before surgery. It's fantastic. I've been fortunate and haven't had any complications. I had my first run in with lactose intolerance last night but I guess I'll look to the silver lining, better to have learned my lesson early on. Or something like that. :) 

Thank you for asking. :) 
HW     -   SW    -    CW     -  GW
361  357  237 

1Blessed4life
on 5/26/11 12:27 pm
Carrie, So good to hear you are doing well! I know that after my surgery I had a huge change in my taste & accepting many foods I ate before surgery were not appetising at all. I use to Love to drink a tall cold glass of milk & after surgery I could hardly sip any & it was not appealing at all for about 8 mos! I can now drink a cup of cold milk - usually after a desert or some treat or with cereal.
Did you have your DS surgery laproscopic?
Do you go to any of the support groups?
1Blessed4life
on 5/26/11 12:28 pm
ps.. Congratulations! Sounds like you are doing Great!!
Most Active