post-op maybe looking for diff doc

jcatt1968
on 4/14/11 1:37 pm - federal way, WA
Does anyone know of any bariatric surgeons in the area that will see post-op patients from a different surgeon? I tried to get an appt with mine and was told "He doesn't see post-op patients" that I could "only see the nurse practitioner." Nothing against her,she is great and super nice and spends alot of time with me when I go in, but I'm having problems that I would like to be addressed by a doctor.

thanks

Joy
Joy
starting wt: 350
current wt: 145
Amy R.
on 4/16/11 12:08 pm
Weird. I am a Dr. S. patient and I have seen him post-op. Did you try talking to Lakshmi(his office manager who just happens to be his wife)? I would call and talk to her.

Also, I assume you're talking about Tina, the NP there? Have you tried going in and seeing her, telling her what's bothering you and then letting her know you really want to see Dr. S. himself?

Sometimes those who answer the phone don't have the authority to grant an exception to the guidelines and you have to work around that. Knowing Dr. Srikanth, I would be shocked if he absolutely refused to see you if you felt strongly that you needed to be seen by him personally.

I just noticed that your surgery was in 2003. I guess you're prob more familiar with the staff and procedures than I am, so I'm sure you know what you're talking about. If you haven't tried talking to either Lakshmi or Tina (and being VERY direct and somewhat forceful) though, you might want to give that a shot.

Barring that, have you called around to any of the other WLS centers in the area? I know there are a couple in Seattle and it seems like there is something out on the peninsula but I can't remember the names. I know the UW does WLS but don't have a number. You could prob google WLS and WA state and come up with a list.

Good luck to you. Hope you find what you need. =)
Merrilou Gronholdt
on 4/19/11 7:13 am - WA
You might try Dr. Hanafy. He is in Auburn 206-353-8146 Good luck!
jcatt1968
on 4/21/11 4:31 pm - federal way, WA
Thanks Amy and Merrilou for your replies

I really don't want to have to go see a different doctor, I have been seeing Dr S for about 8 yrs now and I really really do like him, I'm guess I'm just frustrated. I have an appt wih Tina next week I think and will try and be more direct with her I guess. When I tried to set up an appt with Dr. S I was told "he does not see post-op pt's unless you are having complications, but we can set you up with an appt w/Tina and he will be in the office,but your appt wil still be with her, that is the best we can do." I know his wife, I have caused some waves in that office already, I think (I hope I am wrong) that could be one of the reasons - or maybe they mean "old' post-op patients? I don't know, but I consider chronic nausea and vomiting a complication, I guess they don't. My protein levels are low and I am working diligently on bringing that up and she always responds to me when I call with one complaint or another, but I know my body and I know that everytime I put something into my stomach and I get bloating and cramping and nausea and sometimes vomiting, that something else is going on. I'm really trying not to be a pushy patient but I guess I might have to get that way.  Just really really tired of living sick all the time

thanks again

Joy
Joy
starting wt: 350
current wt: 145
Most Active