Had my surgery on the 21st of March at Madigan

Sandy69
on 4/6/11 4:01 am - Fort Lewis, WA
Hello everybody, had my labproscopic RNY on March 21st and I am feeling fine. I am now 3 weeks post-op and everything seems to be going well. I started to take my chewable supplements last week after I had talked to the Surgeon and he said to go ahead with it. At first I was very scared about getting this surgery but now I think it was the best decision that i ever made. If somebody would ask me if I would do it again the answer would be yes!
Specially since I had/have a wonderful surgeon and his team is as great as well.  
(deactivated member)
on 4/10/11 6:31 pm - Olympia, WA
Glad to hear you are doing well!
cheribadd
on 4/12/11 2:12 am - Shelton, WA
Congrats. on your surgrey and welcome on your journey to quality of life.  I had my surgrey Dec. 2010 and it will get better.

carriemeaway
on 4/25/11 9:47 am - Spanaway, WA
Congrats on being so pleased with your surgery. I have mine on Wednesday. How many days did you spend in the hospital at Madigan? How was recovery? Some kind of odd questions, was there any sort of internet access while in the post-op recovery? I am hoping to still be able to do research and keep busy and hoping my laptop will be able to be used. Were you in a shared room with someone else? 

Thanks for any questions you can answer.
Carrie
canonico
on 4/25/11 9:48 pm - WA
 I had my surgery at Madigan also on Feb11,2011. Usually you stay 2 or 3 days. I had the sleeve which is less complicated than your surgery.  You may stay a day or 2 more.  It pretty much depends on the person and how well they recover.  There is a room that you can go into to use the computer but the internet on your computer will not work.  But you will want to walk around so getting up and walking to the room to use the computer is a good thing.  Most of the rooms are set up for 2 people.  Sometimes you can get lucky and not have a roomate. The only downfall is if they place you in a room with a roommate that can eat anything it can suck because you cant. Good luck!!

Most Active