Looking for friends...

(deactivated member)
on 3/24/11 12:31 am - WA
On March 24, 2011 at 12:27 AM Pacific Time, onefunolygirl wrote:

Hi,  I am in located in Olympia.  I just started attending a local OH Support Group a couple of months ago located in Tumwater the 3rd tuesday of each month from 6:00-7:30.  We would love to have you join us.  Let me know if you would like additional information.

-Teresa

Teresa,

I would love some info, thank you!  I would like to know about the meeting itself and what is done during that time and a bit about the other attendee's as far as how many, what types of surgeries are represented, etc.

Anything you are willing to share would be great!
onefunolygirl
on 3/24/11 11:20 am - Olympia, WA

Just to let you know, I have only been twice but have really enjoyed meeting peers who are going through the same thing as I am as I have no local friends who have had WLS. 

We are a small group right now.  The majority of the group are RNY, we have one DS and I am a VSG.  We do not discriminate any surgery type, everyone is welcome. 

It is an OH support group so there is usually a topic for discussion guided by OH that the leaders are provided with and it is different each week.

When new members join the group, part of our time is used to go around and introduce ourselves and what surgery we have had and how long ago. It is pretty informal, just a really good place for support and to discuss anything that may be on your mind, struggles, victories, ect...

If you accept my friend request I will be able to invite you to the online group site and you can ask any questions there you would like.

Hope you decide to join us.  It would be great to have you!

5' 6", 53 years old 

Highest Weight:   320+  ( Years ago ), Surgery Weight:  270    ( 11/12/10 )
First Major Goal:       220     ( Century Club!!!  100 lbs lost from my highest weight, (Achieved  3/24/11))
Second Major Goal: 198.7  ( Onederland!!!  Have not been been there in 20+ years (Achieved  8/4/11))
Third Major Goal:     160     ( Lost Myself!!!  Half the person I used to be (Achieved 4/14/12 at 159lbs))

(deactivated member)
on 3/24/11 1:02 pm - WA
On March 24, 2011 at 6:20 PM Pacific Time, onefunolygirl wrote:

Just to let you know, I have only been twice but have really enjoyed meeting peers who are going through the same thing as I am as I have no local friends who have had WLS. 

We are a small group right now.  The majority of the group are RNY, we have one DS and I am a VSG.  We do not discriminate any surgery type, everyone is welcome. 

It is an OH support group so there is usually a topic for discussion guided by OH that the leaders are provided with and it is different each week.

When new members join the group, part of our time is used to go around and introduce ourselves and what surgery we have had and how long ago. It is pretty informal, just a really good place for support and to discuss anything that may be on your mind, struggles, victories, ect...

If you accept my friend request I will be able to invite you to the online group site and you can ask any questions there you would like.

Hope you decide to join us.  It would be great to have you!

I still have much to learn on all the different abbreviations for the different types of surgeries but it looks like no one is banded in the group?  I am still interested in information, I just want to make sure I am correct in what all those codes mean.  lol
onefunolygirl
on 3/24/11 3:29 pm - Olympia, WA
RNY = Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass
DS = Duodenal Switch
VSG = Vertical Sleeve
All the above are different types of WLS(weight loss surgeries) that are in addition to the lap band.

Our support group is for members with any type of weight loss surgery so banders are welcome as well.

Just curious if you have had your surgery yet?  How is everything going for you?

Take Care.

5' 6", 53 years old 

Highest Weight:   320+  ( Years ago ), Surgery Weight:  270    ( 11/12/10 )
First Major Goal:       220     ( Century Club!!!  100 lbs lost from my highest weight, (Achieved  3/24/11))
Second Major Goal: 198.7  ( Onederland!!!  Have not been been there in 20+ years (Achieved  8/4/11))
Third Major Goal:     160     ( Lost Myself!!!  Half the person I used to be (Achieved 4/14/12 at 159lbs))

Most Active