Got my tickets to the OH event!!

Nascarfanjw
on 2/17/11 6:15 am - Olympia, WA
RNY on 08/10/10 with
I orderd my tickets to the OH event in Seattle last week.  I am excited to go.  I am looking for other folks that will be attending the event from the area.  I thought it would be nice to make a connection before July. 

I live in the Olympia area, in Lacey.  I had roux-ny 6 months ago at Madigan Hospital on Ft. Lewis.  I am down 103 lbs since surgery.  I am feeling great.  I am looking forward to the event in July.  It will be a couple of weeks before my year anniversary.  I hope to be down another 60 lbs by then.                                         Jenny

Susan O.
on 2/18/11 8:30 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Hi Jenny!
   Glad to hear you are planning to attend, and hopefully many more that had their surgeries at MAMC will too.
   Hopefully you are attending a support group or two, but if not, please follow the link to the Thru Thick N' Thin group by my signature, and I can give you info on my group or one that is in the Tumwater area.
Keep up the good work!

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

Nascarfanjw
on 2/19/11 4:51 am - Olympia, WA
RNY on 08/10/10 with

I have attended the support group meeting on Ft. Lewis before, but it is hard to get there on a regular basis.  The time of it does not fit in well with my work and family schedule.  I would love some information about a support group in the Tumwater or Lacey area.  That would be great to have somewhere closer to be able to attend.    Thanks so much for your reply!!    Jenny

(deactivated member)
on 2/19/11 2:53 pm - Olympia, WA
There is a group that meets in Tumwater on the third Tuesday of each month, in the evening-time... Would you be interested in the details? Its a small group, but growing! And an amazing group of ladies too! Just send me a personal message and I'll get the details to you. Alissa
Maryellen R.
on 2/21/11 12:53 am - Sayville, NY
 Hi Jenny,

I am flying from NY to attend an will be hosting a LIPO Meet & Greet (as I've been doing at all 6 OH Events I've attended to meet the locals and or anybody interested to share inspiration, motivation, etc.) in between the Q&A and Evening event on Friday....details to follow as we get closer.

Looking forward to meeting you and others!

(((HUGS)))

Maryellen
To visit LIPO (Long Island Post Ops) bariatric support group website click here: www.liponation.org

"WLS is a journey, not a destination (don't get comfortable) ... it's a road that we must travel daily to succeed".  Faith Thomas

visit my blog at theessenceofmaryellen.com/

Thorney
on 2/23/11 4:18 pm - Seattle, WA
I am attending OH, and I live in Seattle, but will be staying at the hotel so I can feel a part of the group.  I don't know anyone with WLS, but hope to meet many people at the conference.  I did attend a support group in Tukwilla one time, and then lost the info on it so I have no idea what happened to the group nor how to contact anyone.

I am 6 years out.

Thorney
280/132

Nascarfanjw
on 2/24/11 2:51 am - Olympia, WA
RNY on 08/10/10 with

Thanks Oly Girl.  I will contact you about information.  My daughter usually has an activity I have to take her to on Thursday evenings, but maybe my hubby can get home from work a little early occassionally so I can attend.  Thanks so much for the response!

I live in Lacey, Wa and plan on staying at the Hotel too Thorney for fun and a little get away with the hubby.  I look forward to meeting people like you, who are farther along in the jouney and maybe being able to help those just getting started.  I often travel to Tukwila for work.  In fact I will be there next week. 

Thanks so much to everyone for making the connections!!     Jenny

Nascarfanjw
on 3/9/11 3:46 am - Olympia, WA
RNY on 08/10/10 with
I think that sounds great dragonfydiva!!  It would be nice to go to the event knowing some people and having friends to hang out with.    Jenny

dragonflydiva
on 3/3/11 5:03 am
I am attending but live way south. I sometimes make it  up that way and if I do before the event, I'll contact you all. Maybe we can get a cup of coffee!
 It's never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Eliot  

5'10"  Pre-op 315  SW 307  CW 216 SGW 174 MGW 160

Most Active