Pre-op

canonico
on 2/3/11 11:44 pm - WA
 I am going for my Pre-op today at Madigan. Then surgery on Monday. I am nervous and excited. I have so far had possitive feedback from my family and friends who I have told. With me not telling sertain family members because I new there reaction wouldnt be so possitive.  My mom told them and of course just what I thought. " that surgery is to extreme. Why don't you jus****ch what you eat and exercise"  I hate hearing people say that. "you quit and this is the easy way out". Of course this is comming from people who have never had a weight problem in there life. And if they wanted to loose some weight all they had to do was eat a salad for dinner and 10 pound would come off. 
Sorry, I am venting. Also trying to convence myself that this is not the "easy way out" Why is it that people just cant be happy and possitive when something good happens to someone other than them. 

Merrilou Gronholdt
on 2/4/11 12:29 am - WA
Randy, I am 9 years out (RNY) don't let the not so possitive people bother you. You are not taking the easy way out, it is work and you will have to stay on your Dr's program to make it workl! There are always people who don't support you. If there is a support group near you go! It will help to talk to others that have gone through what you are. I would do it all over again think how healthy you will be. Hang in there! Good Luck!!!

Merrilou
Katie M.
on 2/4/11 12:07 pm - WA
Not easy at all! You are getting a tool in place to help you have control over your intake.... it is hard work! Dont let them get you down! Hang in there and take care of #1!!!!!

Remember - Ignorance is bliss...

Katie
Most Active