Swedish Medically Supervised WL?

Ann Marie B.
on 1/31/11 7:58 am - Seattle, WA
Anybody doing or had to do the medically supervised weight loss program at Swedish prior to band surgery?  My insurance requires it.  I really like Dr. Lindquist, and I think it's a good program, but boy oh boy am I struggling.  Nervous about what that means for insurance approval and my chances for success with the band.  Appreciate any thoughts or insight!
Katie M.
on 2/1/11 3:35 am - WA
Hi there - there are many insrance companies that have the 'pre-op' diet requirement. I work for the program that saved my life... What 'Swedish?' We are right by the one in Edmonds.

I wouldnt stress too much about this - as long as you participate and get all the necessary paperwork for your insurance company you should be okay.... hang in there! How long is your pre-op diet???

Lisa O.
on 2/25/11 12:50 am - Snoqualmie, WA
Hi Anita!

I just wanted to let you know that my support group is meeting tomorrow at 9:00 in Tukwila at the Starbucks off of Interurban.  Feb. 26.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help during your pro-op stage or anytime.  You already know that I'm a patient of McMahon's.

Any questions?  Just ask.

Best~
Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

queenlala_bee
on 2/26/11 3:53 am - Port Orchard, WA
 I am starting the medically supervised weight loss program there this week.  Dr Lindquist seems like a very nice and understanding doctor.  I do not think that the the program is pass or fail... I think rather it is designed to get your body ready for surgery and your mind and lifestyle ready for the change you are about to make for the rest of your life.  The people there are there to help you, they are all aware that a majority of people with obesity have struggled most of their lives with dieting.  Do not beat yourself up, if it were easy then you would not be considering surgery.  Unless you are intentionally trying to sabatoge your weight loss (which we all know you are not), I think you will be fine.  Keep your journal and talk to them about your triggers, they are there to listen and to help. Good Luck!
Most Active